David Knight -Journal

This is a discussion on David Knight -Journal within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Hey David, Great thread. Lee...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 25, 2017, 12:21pm   #25

Joined Feb 2008
Hey David,

Great thread.

Lee
Old Aug 25, 2017, 4:18pm   #26
Joined Aug 2017
David Knight started this thread Covered at 2444 +3

running +6
David Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2017, 4:21pm   #27
Joined Aug 2017
David Knight started this thread Really crap week, but sounds like I'm not the only one
Thanks Lee
Thanks! The following members like this post: Lee Shepherd
Old Aug 25, 2017, 5:50pm   #28
Joined Aug 2017
David Knight started this thread Not much point posting calls without any explanation because then we don't learn much. So..

I still see the market going lower which is why I haven't taken any long trades. It's always harder going short...it just is, that in itself should tell you something.

Ideally I would like to find a good short location and hold all the way down. But as I keep saying, this current phase in the cycle doesn't allow you to easily do that.

I just scrapped most of my post. I didn't come here to write a book.

Those who are following know my basic plan. I just used my instinct today turn a 7pt loss into a 3pt gain.

Cynics might say I got lucky. It would be a fair comment actually. However, I would have dealt with it (one way or another) had things got more difficult.

Friday is not the ideal day to be in a trade that is stuck in the range. I'll only trade again today if I see a good one.

Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:01pm   #29
Joined Aug 2017
Weekend

David Knight started this thread I've put the word 'symmetry' on the chart. I wouldn't advise anyone to go and start looking for it everywhere, hoping to base a trading system on it. You'll end up knowing less than when you started. (and yes, I sound like a man who has been there.)

Because these days it could easily end up with you living in a parallel universe surrounded by berenstein bears. (I'll bet you didn't know that huh?)

And the resulting pain and suffering could easily turn you from a fat, middle aged balding middle class guy into a trading forum troll- a situation in which there is very little hope of returning to adulthood.

It's Incredible what uncertainty about the future can do to the human psyche.

And Now Back To the Analysis

I'm only comparing the rallies to declines to decide who is in control of the market. But it only tells you so much...

All it tells me is what I should see happening if my analysis is correct OR what I should see if I'm wrong.

The 'symmetry' almost reiterates the point I keep referring to. And that is that this part of the cycle is deceptive and harder to trade than a market that is clearly headed in a direction for some time.

In the shorter time frame the declines are larger. But in the longer time frame we have 2 similar declines 79/74 points.

So there is a case to say the correction is over. Or to put it another way, if it turned out that the correction was over, that symmetry would look predictive wouldn't it?

Conclusion

Let's go back to the point where we were 'unconfused' We were in a clear rally mode. Then there was a change of behaviour.

2454 zone should have held support but it is now resistance (imo) This weeks high is (enter stsge left)......2454.7

So the only possible conclusion is that the market must not close above 2454 or my analysis is wrong and I'll look like a T**t.

Most of the week (2nd chart) the market traded with a gap below. You can imagine all the shorts trying to close that gap but never came close. ...
Attached Thumbnails
daily-ytd-aug-26.gif   big.chart.gif  

Last edited by David Knight; Aug 26, 2017 at 5:22pm. Reason: Added 2nd chart
Old Aug 26, 2017, 9:34pm   #30
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Knight View Post
I've put the word 'symmetry' on the chart. I wouldn't advise anyone to go and start looking for it everywhere, hoping to base a trading system on it. You'll end up knowing less than when you started. (and yes, I sound like a man who has been there.)

Because these days it could easily end up with you living in a parallel universe surrounded by berenstein bears. (I'll bet you didn't know that huh?)

And the resulting pain and suffering could easily turn you from a fat, middle aged balding middle class guy into a trading forum troll- a situation in which there is very little hope of returning to adulthood.

It's Incredible what uncertainty about the future can do to the human psyche.

And Now Back To the Analysis

I'm only comparing the rallies to declines to decide who is in control of the market. But it only tells you so much...

All it tells me is what I should see happening if my analysis is correct OR what I should see if I'm wrong.

The 'symmetry' almost reiterates the point I keep referring to. And that is that this part of the cycle is deceptive and harder to trade than a market that is clearly headed in a direction for some time.

In the shorter time frame the declines are larger. But in the longer time frame we have 2 similar declines 79/74 points.

So there is a case to say the correction is over. Or to put it another way, if it turned out that the correction was over, that symmetry would look predictive wouldn't it?

Conclusion

Let's go back to the point where we were 'unconfused' We were in a clear rally mode. Then there was a change of behaviour.

2454 zone should have held support but it is now resistance (imo) This weeks high is (enter stsge left)......2454.7

So the only possible conclusion is that the market must not close above 2454 or my analysis is wrong and I'll look like a T**t.

Most of the week (2nd chart) the market traded with a gap below. You can imagine all the shorts trying to close that gap but never came close. ...
Indices/ shares.

Down gaps always close, with the proviso that the very last one might not.

Up gaps may or may not close. In a raging bull market, prices could run for years or decades without ever looking back.

https://www.peterlbrandt.com/the-his...stock-indexes/

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: David Knight , Oscar Reed
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:51am   #31
Joined Aug 2017
David Knight started this thread SHORT 2442 Target 2439

Planning to short higher.

Added 2447

AV= 2444.5

Cover 2447 @ 2444 +3

Running +9

Looking to short higher

Last edited by David Knight; Aug 28, 2017 at 3:05pm. Reason: added 2447 covered @44
Old Aug 28, 2017, 3:20pm   #32
Joined Aug 2017
David Knight started this thread SHORT 2445

(added to 2442)

AV= 2443.5

Covered 42 @ B/E

Sstill holding 2445

Last edited by David Knight; Aug 28, 2017 at 3:34pm. Reason: covered 42