David Knight -Journal

This is a discussion on David Knight -Journal within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by David Knight Filled Going to be irritating if it hits my stop and then hits my target ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:04pm   #297

Joined Aug 2017
David Knight started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Knight View Post
Filled

Going to be irritating if it hits my stop and then hits my target. That's the kind of week I'm having though.

UPDATE
Nearly 60 minutes with the high @2639.9

can you believe my luck? It must hit the stop...surely

Thank you. -2

Running +127

More evidence that proves the theory-. If price stays in the same zone for a while It's less likely to be the H/L
Attached Thumbnails
stopped-40.gif  

Last edited by David Knight; Dec 7, 2017 at 7:16pm. Reason: ADD Chart
David Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:14pm   #298

Joined Aug 2017
David Knight started this thread Short 2645

STOP 2650
TARGET 2639 (approx)

Move Stop to B/E

Stopped

New order- Short 2647
Stop 2650
Target 2637

Last edited by David Knight; Dec 8, 2017 at 1:27pm. Reason: Move stop/stopped/ new order
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:33pm   #299

Joined Aug 2017
Trade Plan

David Knight started this thread Expect to get back to winning ways before too long. The analysis is fine, just the stops proving to be too close before the market hit the targets.

I wont widen stops on short trades- that is one of the 10 comandments., thou shalt not widen stops nor covet thy neighbours stops..

I've broken the first one several times this week: Thou shalt not lose money, nor covet thy neighbours money.

We're all sinners really though aren't we?
Attached Thumbnails
tradeplan8th.gif  
Thanks! The following members like this post: IceMan , Lee Shepherd
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:44pm   #300

Joined Aug 2017
Quote:
Short 2645

STOP 2650
TARGET 2639 (approx)

Move Stop to B/E

Stopped

New order- Short 2647
Stop 2650
Target 2637
Triggered- short 2647
not looking good already

Moved stop to B/E

There's a chance the low is in @2645.11

It doesn't look likely but my analysis says it's possible

Stopped B/E

Last edited by David Knight; Dec 8, 2017 at 3:56pm. Reason: Moving stop to B/E/STOPPED
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:59pm   #301

Joined Aug 2017
Why I Covered

David Knight started this thread Why I Covered @B/E
Attached Thumbnails
8th.gif  
Old Dec 9, 2017, 12:16am   #302

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Expect to get back to winning ways before too long. The analysis is fine, just the stops proving to be too close before the market hit the targets.

I wont widen stops on short trades- that is one of the 10 comandments., thou shalt not widen stops nor covet thy neighbours stops..

I've broken the first one several times this week: Thou shalt not lose money, nor covet thy neighbours money.

We're all sinners really though aren't we?
He/she that has never moved their stop loss among you, let them cast the first stone at David
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: IceMan , Lee Shepherd , David Knight
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:03am   #303

Joined Jul 2008
Hi David,
An excellent journal. Easy to follow and consistent. I like your commentary on the charts as it brings to life what is influencing your decision basis.
Keep it up!
Do you only trade the one market? FWIW I am a fan of this approach. I concentrate on one market (ftse) but will occasionally trade markets that may influence ftse (WTI and cable) if I see a good opportunity as I monitor them anyway.
I am currently living in a different time zone and ftse hours also happen to suit with work commitments.
Trading does not have to be complicated. As simple system developed over time with experience has less variables which makes it easier to determine consistency and a quicker turn around in the decision loop. Time is the most precious commodity!
swissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:47pm   #304

Joined Aug 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissy View Post
Hi David,
An excellent journal. Easy to follow and consistent. I like your commentary on the charts as it brings to life what is influencing your decision basis.
Keep it up!
Do you only trade the one market? FWIW I am a fan of this approach. I concentrate on one market (ftse) but will occasionally trade markets that may influence ftse (WTI and cable) if I see a good opportunity as I monitor them anyway.
I am currently living in a different time zone and ftse hours also happen to suit with work commitments.
Trading does not have to be complicated. As simple system developed over time with experience has less variables which makes it easier to determine consistency and a quicker turn around in the decision loop. Time is the most precious commodity!
Thanks. Really good to get feedback.

Only trade the SPX but I do analyse other markets. I did dabble on the FTSE years ago.

Like your last paragraph.