David Knight -Journal

This is a discussion on David Knight -Journal within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Added SHORT at 2448 AV 2445.5...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:33pm   #17
Joined Aug 2017
David Knight started this thread Added SHORT at 2448

AV 2445.5
David Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2017, 1:59pm   #18
Joined Aug 2017
Pre Market

David Knight started this thread [SIZE=3]The market has stayed in a range trapped between gaps above and below.

The context that I outlined so far is continuing. There is uncertainty as to which gap fills come first. But My read is that there is further downside to come. The question is when.

It could easily stay in this range or we could drift higher today and fill the nearest gap at 2452.5

My Plan
I'm still prepared to add until I'm obviously wrong. But I will rotate contracts until I see real commitment
Attached Thumbnails
range.gif  

Last edited by David Knight; Aug 24, 2017 at 2:06pm. Reason: Dont even know what day it is..lol
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:56pm   #19
Joined Aug 2017
David Knight started this thread There appears to be some confusion over my integrity. See screen shot- price was in that range for 20 minutes so I don't see what the issue is here.
Attached Thumbnails
screenshot-12-.png  
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:59pm   #20
Joined Aug 2017
David Knight started this thread Closed at 1441 +4.5

Running +3
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:43pm   #21
Joined Aug 2017
David Knight started this thread I don't expect to get another opportunity to short for some time, if at all today. Markets tend to drop faster than they climb.

Often see the high/low in early trading and at end of day. If we were in a clear up trend I would buy the dip early and sell end of day or early next day. if possible.

But since I believe the market is headed lower I'm reluctant to buy, even though as I said before I don't really like going short.

It's much easier to be a dumb bull than it is to be a clever bear.

This is the reason this journal appears to be sluggish. This is my least favourite market condition.

My Plan
Let the market move to the next zone before entering. Ideally we would drift up and stay in the 40-50 range before a big leg down next week.

So, looking to short unless there's a reason to change my view.

In General

It's early days in this journal. I don't play games. I'll be running this journal for a while and if you stick around you'll find some value somewhere.

Suggestion: When someone outlines the way the'll run a journal read what is actually written. It's hard not to be cynical, I know..just sayin'

Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:00pm   #22
Joined Aug 2017
David Knight started this thread I need to go out and watch the air show

Leaving an order- short at 2450.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:03pm   #23
Joined Aug 2017
David Knight started this thread The market is sitting exactly where i got out though it has been down as far as 2436 around the overnight low. Going out was a good decision.

Adv/Dcl vol favours the bulls So at this point I say the low holds today and there's no change in view.

It doesn't matter because I already made my play today so if we carry on drifting even lower today it wasn't in my plan. to hold all day.

Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:55am   #24
Joined Aug 2017
David Knight started this thread Short 2447