Brewski's Leverage Abuse

This is a discussion on Brewski's Leverage Abuse within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Hello, I thought I'd start a "turn £200 into £1 billion" trading journal because it seems so many people are ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 31, 2017, 11:51am   #1
Joined Sep 2010
Brewski's Leverage Abuse

Hello,

I thought I'd start a "turn £200 into £1 billion" trading journal because it seems so many people are making billions from £200 these days I'd be a fool not to! I don't have the time or money to commit to trading properly however I do love gambling, love the thrill of winning some big cash and will be incredibly greedy (all of which are fatal to profitable trading).

I don't do anything that any beginner trader wouldn't have thought of and probably done. Excessive risk, aggressive trading, massive swings in account value followed by inevitably blowing the whole account. Sometimes it won't take long, other times I can get a massive percentage increase first but it always ends in losing.

Great laugh though
brewski1984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: tomorton , Lee Shepherd , darktone , wackypete2
Old Jul 31, 2017, 11:54am   #2

Joined Mar 2014
Excellent, you're an example to us all
cbrads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:03pm   #3
Joined Apr 2016
Easy if you buy low, sell high.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:20pm   #4
Joined Feb 2002
Great idea brewski, can't wait.

I'm still waiting for Janina to come back and tell us how she's doing - http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trad...ml#post2940346.

She's aiming to make $100k from $764.92. She is making a good start though.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:22pm   #5
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread Current trades:

Deposited £200 last night ready for today. For me, oil has been all about shorting the rallies for months, OPEC talk it up and the free market smash it back down. USD right now is a sell so that is what I've done.

As you can see, tight stops and big position sizes. I use guaranteed stops because they not only help with margin management (you free up more margin using guaranteed stops) plus you can't afford any slippage when you've got nothing in your account. Guaranteed stops are not worth it in the long run and are another expense that you've got to try to beat.

I'll be looking to add to both of these trades if they go in my favour more and moving my stop accordingly.
Attached Thumbnails
1-trade.jpg  
Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:36pm   #6
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
Great idea brewski, can't wait.

I'm still waiting for Janina to come back and tell us how she's doing - http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trad...ml#post2940346.

She's aiming to make $100k from $764.92. She is making a good start though.
She will get back to you when she's winning again

Difference with this journal is that we all know I will go bust
Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:46pm   #7

Joined Feb 2008
Good luck mate,

Bank what you can when you can.

Lee
Old Jul 31, 2017, 3:51pm   #8
Joined Sep 2010
brewski1984 started this thread Brewster is rinsing it, well over doubled my account

Added to the oil trade as you can see from the chart attached.

On another note, my whole £200 is still at risk so I could and probably still will end up losing it all
Attached Thumbnails
2-trade.jpg