9 Net winning trades, the road to being a Pro Trader?

This is a discussion on 9 Net winning trades, the road to being a Pro Trader? within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by nkp9999 Doing 2:1 RR is good, but you have to have a x %age of account at ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:36pm   #193
Joined Nov 2011
Chalky_trader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkp9999 View Post
Doing 2:1 RR is good, but you have to have a x %age of account at risk per trade, and a y %age per day. And build slowly.

Just an idea.
I agree with you 100% if you were trading for a career, the losses would be unsustainable over a longer period of time.

This is a challenge though, a combination of a bit of fun and a steep learning curve when it comes to trader emotions.

I am doing this in addition to trading my regular account so waiting till what looks like a ripe setup before taking a trade with this in mind.

I took one step backwards today so back at level 2 knew id be better to wait until a decisive break of the current 15 day range occurred.
Chalky_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:40pm   #194
Joined Nov 2011
Chalky_trader started this thread 19 days of flat trading for the DAX, incredible

sitting on hands still!
Attached Thumbnails
dax.jpg  
Old Feb 1, 2017, 7:56am   #195
Joined Nov 2011
Chalky_trader started this thread Just thought id Update as its the 1st Feb

When the DAX went into that flat range it wasnt giving me the opportunities that i need and I focused my efforts on USDJPY, so far it suits my trading style and has been going well.

So this DAX challenge went on the back burner as i can only effectively daytrade one instrument at a time and the challenge has to fit in with my general trading.

Im still at level 2 on my first attempt so +300% isnt bad for a month (just dont mention its only £30)

I aim to park the DAX effort for now and start another one on USDJPY, but will trade whichever is moving best for me at the time

I havent started the USDJPY challenge yet but feel comfortable enough with it now to give it a go, i will update as and when i get any results.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:40am   #196
tar

Joined Nov 2006
Good move , i don't understand why many traders like to stick to a single contract , especially the obsession with the emini ES or the euro ...
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:53pm   #197
Joined Nov 2011
Chalky_trader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
Good move , i don't understand why many traders like to stick to a single contract , especially the obsession with the emini ES or the euro ...
The DAX has been good to me in the past Tar.

ever since Brexit though it has been difficult, with very little intra day movement, and if it did move it was one violent move and then flat, relatively speaking.

I stuck with it untill the new year and then decided i had to look elsewhere and the USDJPY appears to suit my style better than any other FX i've looked at.

The DAX has started moving better now tho so haven't given up on it altogether
Old Feb 10, 2017, 12:16pm   #198

9 Posts
Joined Apr 2014
Are you not having to pay a fee per trade?

I have no knowledge of indices trading, or your trading account for that matter... Was just thinking in relation to stocks and how this wouldn't work with my current setup. Even if i start at £100, a £10 fee per trade would wipe me out 10% before I've even started.
jimbob1904 is offline   Reply With Quote