Trading the NQ

This is a discussion on Trading the NQ within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Trump’s ‘big fat bubble’ trouble in the stock market Shiller PE Ratio...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:44pm   #25

Joined Aug 2003
dbphoenix started this thread Trump’s ‘big fat bubble’ trouble in the stock market

Shiller PE Ratio
Old Feb 25, 2017, 6:45pm   #26

Joined Aug 2015
The trend still seems up but is going quite parabolically. To expect some kind of a pull back is to be expected. Considering there are no previous S/R levels there is no way for a human to identify a turning point.
Gring0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: piphoe
Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:09pm   #27

Joined Oct 2015
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...ongress-235276

Trump empty promises seem to be driving this bull run lately, till Tuesday.

Thats where the rubber meets the road.

I don't think he can pull it off

And the markets are at all time highs, what else do you want more all time highs? and why expect it

The question I ask myself is, is Tuesday already built in?

Last edited by piphoe; Feb 25, 2017 at 9:18pm.
piphoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:42pm   #28

Joined Aug 2003
dbphoenix started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gring0 View Post
The trend still seems up but is going quite parabolically. To expect some kind of a pull back is to be expected. Considering there are no previous S/R levels there is no way for a human to identify a turning point.
A potential turning point is provided by the UL of the weekly trend channel, as noted last week. A second is the test, which occurred last night and this morning. Price will break the DL at 4325. The LSL is 5299. "Resistance" is provided by the failure of sellers to find buyers.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:21pm   #29

Joined Aug 2003
dbphoenix started this thread Price makes a HH to a higher UL of the TC, stopping out the short trade off the short-term DL break. The short-term DL is now fanned.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:34pm   #30

Joined Aug 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphoenix View Post
Price makes a HH to a higher UL of the TC, stopping out the short trade off the short-term DL break. The short-term DL is now fanned.
Are you looking at the hourly interval for the DL?
Gring0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:50pm   #31

Joined Aug 2003
dbphoenix started this thread The daily, beginning 12/30.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:30pm   #32

Joined Aug 2003
dbphoenix started this thread Posted 2/9 to another thread, though I didn't think we'd get here so quickly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphoenix View Post
As a trader, whether or not the system "implodes" is irrelevant to me. It imploded in 2000 and again in 2008. And it will implode again. At the moment, I'm looking toward 5400 for the NQ and have been since November, but as this has been a news-driven market for months, I'm on the watch for important changes in market sentiment. So far I see no signs of it.