Trading the NQ

This is a discussion on Trading the NQ within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by dbphoenix FWIW, I take a broader view, off the daily, beginning with the first decline after the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:02pm   #17

Joined Aug 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphoenix View Post
FWIW, I take a broader view, off the daily, beginning with the first decline after the break of the stride, followed by the first rally, i.e., 4625 to 4892. This provides the frame for everything that occurs thereafter. I want to focus on what The Money looks at, so I'm not overly concerned with what goes on in the big middle. That thrust on Oct 25, for example, resulted in a nice decline.
Is that what you are talking about?
Attached Thumbnails
tvc_9c176164138a74d6d98767cf7df54158.png  
Gring0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:17pm   #18

Joined Aug 2003
dbphoenix started this thread No. For that particular period, that range is useful, but for the present, I was referring to the low on 9/12 and the high on 9/22.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 6:41pm   #19

Joined Aug 2015
Quote:
No. For that particular period, that range is useful, but for the present, I was referring to the low on 9/12 and the high on 9/22.
More in line?
Attached Thumbnails
tvc_5b55d51f41d96874868ed88c2cb55962.png  
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:30pm   #20

Joined Aug 2003
dbphoenix started this thread Yes. You will have noticed, I'm sure, that the market has been news-driven ever since Brexit. This is challenging. However, it should be obvious even to those who don't trade price that we've been ranging ever since, and the principles of trading price still apply. It should also be obvious that the "reasons" the trade press -- and trading forums -- gives for all this movement is mostly imaginary, e.g., the "Trump rally". Rather it's just the same old ranging trending ranging trending.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 3:15am   #21

Joined Aug 2011
Where are we?

I'm trying to figure out what is most relevant in regards to the NQ moving forward, weekly and daily charts attached.

Price had largely moved sideways from July 2015 until August 2016 when it eventually pushed higher but this BO didn't get far and price ranged again. The daily shows the most recent range and the new uptrend from the breakout.

Ranges can be used as a reset to track new demand supply balances, but, I wonder if its a mistake to overlook everything that led up to July 2015.
Attached Thumbnails
nq30012017prep.png  
Kleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2017, 4:02pm   #22

Joined Aug 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleft View Post
I'm trying to figure out what is most relevant in regards to the NQ moving forward, weekly and daily charts attached.

Price had largely moved sideways from July 2015 until August 2016 when it eventually pushed higher but this BO didn't get far and price ranged again. The daily shows the most recent range and the new uptrend from the breakout.

Ranges can be used as a reset to track new demand supply balances, but, I wonder if its a mistake to overlook everything that led up to July 2015.
Learn from the past but don't get married to it.
Thanks! The following members like this post: Kleft
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:09pm   #23

Joined Aug 2003
dbphoenix started this thread FWIW, the NQ reached the top of its trend channel yesterday and tested it this morning.
Attached Thumbnails
wkly-tcs-march.png  
Old Feb 23, 2017, 5:23pm   #24

Joined Aug 2003
dbphoenix started this thread
Quote:
FWIW, the NQ reached the top of its trend channel yesterday and tested it this morning.
NQ down 50pts so far today.