Trading the NQ

This is a discussion on Trading the NQ within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Agreed, some good stuff on here to get your teeth into. Plenty of info to think about and to get ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 17, 2017, 4:32pm   #209
Joined Oct 2009
Agreed, some good stuff on here to get your teeth into. Plenty of info to think about and to get a reflection of the powers that be.
wallstreetwarrior87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2017, 4:52pm   #210

Joined Aug 2015
I want to quickly remind that all this analysis presupposes an ability to read price left to right. This ability is developed by watching live price move. I'd go as far as to say at times the pre-decision and post-decision chart becomes unrecognizable (doesn't look the same) very quickly with the change in scale as a result of time and price movement.

I have spent a long time in doing this static analysis and I had been pretty good at it, good enough to even fool myself. Avoid the trap of believing the picture perfect setups appear the same at decision time. When Db would point out this left-to-right vs right-to-left reading of chart it wouldn't get through to my head until going live cleared me of all illusions about invincibility and marksmanship.

Gringo
Gring0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: chrisg , Marvin Zark
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:56pm   #211

Joined Aug 2015
It's curious that ES has shown such decisive strength yet NQ is treading water.
Gring0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:37am   #212

Joined May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gring0 View Post
It's curious that ES has shown such decisive strength yet NQ is treading water.
Yes, traded very weak against Dow Tuesday and even more yesterday where nas went down the equivalent of over 400 Dow points, but Dow went up over 100.

On holiday but canít resist a pair trade on the SB cash.

£1 short Dow @ 23979
£4 long nas @ 6304
barjon is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: timsk
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:07pm   #213
Joined May 2005
Click the image to open in full size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphoenix View Post
An effortless morning for the SLA.

Climaxes and tests and hinges, oh my!
Dear DB,

thanks for all the great posts which for me were clearifying topics like hinges and climaxes further.

In terms of the chart above, what do you mean by 5 point entry, 3 point stop?
As far as I can see you take the entry after a certain move away from what seems to be support or resistance? I know that in terms of the continuity of price the timeframe is more or less providing a certain perspective. But in terms of analysis and entry you are approaching the session by examining weekly, daily, hourly and then trade off 1M and 10S?

Thanks a lot for the continuation of your great work.

Last edited by mckaldey; Dec 5, 2017 at 3:32pm.
mckaldey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:11am   #214
Joined May 2005
Sorry DB,

is it that, what you mean?

In general it means that after a break of the stride with more than 5 points a change in sentiment is more likely and acts as a confirmation of the prelocated levels?

In terms of backtesting, did I do the measuring correct?

Click the image to open in full size.
Attached Thumbnails
image18.png  
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:38pm   #215

Joined Dec 2004
Hi Mc
DB's post 204 will help you.
chrisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:29pm   #216
Joined May 2005
Thanks Chris,

I read that, but thought that I need a bit more clarification.