Took out a loan to transition to full-time trading. 24 years old.

This is a discussion on Took out a loan to transition to full-time trading. 24 years old. within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Unjustified varied bet sizing is what shafted you . Just keep risk linear...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:09pm   #481
Joined May 2010
Unjustified varied bet sizing is what shafted you . Just keep risk linear
Chartsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:15pm   #482
Joined May 2010
Don't get me wrong I think discretionary traders should always have a sliding scale of risk: scale your risk to the conviction in the trade .

Imo that should still be small like from 1-3% , not like risk 50 quid one trade then 320 then next .

You also have to try work out your trade frequency . Are you taking 50 trades a day and maybe expect to lose 10 of those ? Probably makes sense to risk much less per trade in those circumstances so expected drawdown isn't huge .

Or are you a position trader taking 10 trades a year , maybe expecting to lose 3-4 ? Best to risk more per trade .
And so on etc
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:17pm   #483
Joined May 2010
Wabu you should go back to demo . Plus I recommend you work out your theoretical gain/loss if you stuck to a flat risk per trade . That would eliminate your problems
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:24pm   #484
Joined Aug 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
25 yrs experience as a trader and yet you seem to have just picked a random thread to post a wanted ad for a trading partner ???
Originally Posted by Cyberraul Click the image to open in full size.
Hi, My name is Ray , you din't say what vehicles your are looking to trade, I trade mostly futures and have been doing so for 25 years ! It a very exciting but demanding field
How much time do you have available, would you be willing to take turns watching the mkt during evening hours . ET ?

He gave himself away with that line.

Last edited by David Knight; Oct 17, 2017 at 11:30pm.
David Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:23pm   #485

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Knight View Post
Originally Posted by Cyberraul Click the image to open in full size.
Hi, My name is Ray , you din't say what vehicles your are looking to trade, I trade mostly futures and have been doing so for 25 years ! It a very exciting but demanding field
How much time do you have available, would you be willing to take turns watching the mkt during evening hours . ET ?

He gave himself away with that line.

how was this line such a giveaway? i just thought the whole message was daft e.g. posted in a random thread
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:29pm   #486
Joined Oct 2017
Honestly, if my trading experience, i dont understand what kind of maths doing here...

No one should trading if acurancy is nor more than 80%...
Only my opinion....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUK...Dj5LaeRDvChGuw
RachasfromPortugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2017, 12:24pm   #487

Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachasfromPortugal View Post
Honestly, if my trading experience, i dont understand what kind of maths doing here...

Only my opinion....

I seem to be following you around today. I'm not harassing you honestly!!!. That's my opinion. Although you are sharing many strong opinions back and within a very short time frame - ie, 15 posts within 24 hours - so it's not surprising you are getting responses. Some may argue that you are looking for subs and is why the somewhat heavy self promotion and youtube links. Of course I wouldn't say that, it's just other peoples opinions - in my opinion. #think I've overused that word for today.

Accuracy being over 80% as you put it is not necessary - and not normal. I know many traders - and when i use the term traders, I mean traders - that have ratio's well below 50% and still make money consistently.

Lee
Thanks! The following members like this post: Kaeso
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:08pm   #488

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachasfromPortugal View Post

Only my opinion....

This is not possible in the real world, unless you are doing HFT ...

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is online now   Reply With Quote