Definitely not a MASTERCLASS but good (HONEST) trading

This is a discussion on Definitely not a MASTERCLASS but good (HONEST) trading within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Hi all, just passing through. I’m certainly no expert, and will never profess to be one; I have a trading ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 6, 2015, 5:02pm   #1

Joined Nov 2003
Definitely not a MASTERCLASS but good (HONEST) trading

Hi all, just passing through.

I’m certainly no expert, and will never profess to be one; I have a trading plan, I trade the plan per say, my trust in its ability to deliver the rewards implicit.

For a short period only, I will be recording a journal of my CAC trading on here, not for any egotistical purposes like a certain other thread, but to show you don’t have to sit in front of a screen for hours on end to be successful in the trading arena as a day trader.

I will only reveal certain parameters of my trading system; there will be no (quoting areas) where I will be long or short, then coming back after the event professing how many pips I made or how expert I am, like you get on another thread.

Each trade will be called live as it happens, (these will not be a recommendation) but will be intended for illustration purposes only,

I will record the data/outcomes daily and post them in a database for analysis; it will give an overview of the accuracy of the system from the limited trading I employ to deliver the results, for the purpose of this exercise I will be stating £10 per point (this is for demonstration purposes only and is not indicative to my exposure to the markets).

The sessions I will be trading are as follows and are limited to 4 hours a day:-

Sessions 3 Times

8.30 to 10.00

13.00 to 14.00

14.30 to 16.00

I won’t discuss the rules of my trading system, for the record I do believe in KISS, the purpose of the exercise is to demonstrate that with (any) robust trading system, it is possible to make trading a cash cow, even with limited trading hours and leave you free to do something more far interesting than trading.

I will be starting this from Monday 12th October 2015, if you wish to join me feel free, all I ask is that we keep the thread civil, polite and hopefully jovial.

Rob

Last edited by Dinos; Oct 7, 2015 at 3:31pm.
Dinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: timsk , itspossible , Oscar Reed , Jason101 , mike. , wackypete2 , Mr. Charts , nickycambo , darktone , remulix , f2calv , BSD , trendie , jeffre4 , 2be
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:06pm   #2
Joined Feb 2002
A good declaration Dinos, looking forward to this. Personally, I don't have to see your blotter - if you say you made x pips, that's good enough for me - but will you at least put up what sort of trades your plan includes (and excludes)? - trend-following, range, S/R, swing, reversals, indicator triggered, momentum, news, etc.?
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:17pm   #3

Joined Nov 2003
Dinos started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
A good declaration Dinos, looking forward to this. Personally, I don't have to see your blotter - if you say you made x pips, that's good enough for me - but will you at least put up what sort of trades your plan includes (and excludes)? - trend-following, range, S/R, swing, reversals, indicator triggered, momentum, news, etc.?
Hi, nice to hear from you, I've taken on board what you have requested, priority will be to get the trade on the thread and then retrospectively explain why I took the trade, that way, I can focus on managing the trade to its expiration.

regards

Rob
Thanks! The following members like this post: tomorton
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:06am   #4

Joined Mar 2004
Ha ha knew you would be back !
Welcome back

Let your hero loose.
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: wackypete2
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:13pm   #5
tar

Joined Nov 2006
Close this thread ...
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:21pm   #6
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Hi Rob

The CAC is an interesting choice of vehicle to demonstrate your trades. Any particular reason it was chosen? I assume you trade all the indices.

Good trading.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:44pm   #7

Joined Dec 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
Close this thread ...
did you post above in wrong thread
be-positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:52pm   #8

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
Hi Rob

The CAC is an interesting choice of vehicle to demonstrate your trades. Any particular reason it was chosen? I assume you trade all the indices.

Good trading.
Hi CV, I have traded most of the indices over the years, the CAC is my favorite one, unlike the manic nature of the DAX and DOW, the CAC “behaves” in a sensible manner, the drawback from the opening positions are low in comparison to the others, accordingly the gains lower as well, but sufficient, using an incremental exposure to make sustained profits from limited time behind the screen.

My drive in the markets is not boast my ego, but simply to gain an income, I like to do this in the shortest time and in the most orderly way possible, then get away from trading ASAP.

The CAC offers me this opportunity, I prefer to focus on one index only, why do any more than is absolutely necessary to achieve the end result.

Last edited by Dinos; Oct 7, 2015 at 3:15pm.
Thanks! The following members like this post: dbphoenix , alexaherself
Old Oct 7, 2015, 4:05pm   #9
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinos View Post
Hi CV, I have traded most of the indices over the years, the CAC is my favorite one, unlike the manic nature of the DAX and DOW, the CAC “behaves” in a sensible manner, the drawback from the opening positions are low in comparison to the others, accordingly the gains lower as well, but sufficient, using an incremental exposure to make sustained profits from limited time behind the screen.

My drive in the markets is not boast my ego, but simply to gain an income, I like to do this in the shortest time and in the most orderly way possible, then get away from trading ASAP.

The CAC offers me this opportunity, I prefer to focus on one index only, why do any more than is absolutely necessary to achieve the end result.
Thanks

CV frantically googling "incremental exposure" and failing to find much.

Anyone care to assist

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
Old Oct 7, 2015, 7:54pm   #10
Joined Feb 2002
Pyramiding? Doubling up?
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2015, 10:45pm   #11

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
Pyramiding? Doubling up?
Ah ok, that would make sense if trades were moving in the chosen direction.

cheers

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:20am   #12

Joined Sep 2001
Quote:
Thanks

Anyone care to assist
incremental exposure = strippers

Contributor to T2W's Trading FAQ Book
http://www.trade2win.com/books/trading-faqs

T2W interview

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/a...ichard-joyson/
Mr. Charts is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Dinos , counter_violent , wackypete2 , BSD
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:42am   #13

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Thanks

Anyone care to assist
My own terminology, trading the plan, targeting the same number of trades, but over a period of time the value of the trades increases per point.

Simples
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:57pm   #14

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinos View Post
My own terminology, trading the plan, targeting the same number of trades, but over a period of time the value of the trades increases per point.

Simples
Utoh, F has his own terminology. I hope you're not going down the same road

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
Old Oct 8, 2015, 2:23pm   #15

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Utoh, F has his own terminology. I hope you're not going down the same road
Arghhhh, don't say that, if I head that way you have my permission to shoot me
Thanks! The following members like this post: counter_violent , hhiusa