Chicken Bull Put Spread Journal

This is a discussion on Chicken Bull Put Spread Journal within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Hi just joined the group . I'm very much interested in weekly options. Sounds like you have very good experience ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 7, 2014, 9:00am   #25

1 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Greetings

Hi just joined the group . I'm very much interested in weekly options. Sounds like you have very good experience in trading. Please send me your contact information.

Thanks
RK
Healer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2014, 9:24am   #26
Joined Nov 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Healer77 View Post
Hi just joined the group . I'm very much interested in weekly options. Sounds like you have very good experience in trading. Please send me your contact information.

Thanks
RK
dont fink you interested my trading experience, but check detail profile honey, Mu
Dong Mu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2014, 9:39am   #27

Joined Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by CostaKapo View Post

Sell to Open Oct 31st 51/53 call

Sell to Open Oct 31st 47.5/45.5 put
Hey Costa, I know you said you didn't take the TWTR trade but were you looking at taking this trade on the Friday as posted or would you have taken it on the Monday?

Just a little TWTR earnings info for your post...
Pre earnings Volatility was 147%, nice and rich compared to the usual 48% (give or take) but did you know that the expected earnings move was +-$6.19 so your legs were in a very aggressive position being just $3 to the upside and only $1 to the downside.

What was the reasoning for you choice of legs?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 7:43pm   #28
Joined Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydbee View Post
Hey Costa, I know you said you didn't take the TWTR trade but were you looking at taking this trade on the Friday as posted or would you have taken it on the Monday?

Just a little TWTR earnings info for your post...
Pre earnings Volatility was 147%, nice and rich compared to the usual 48% (give or take) but did you know that the expected earnings move was +-$6.19 so your legs were in a very aggressive position being just $3 to the upside and only $1 to the downside.

What was the reasoning for you choice of legs?
Hi, lloydbee,

Precisely my point earlier above. If Costa only took a bit of time to study the past 3-4 post-earnings price action from release date to the close of Expiry Friday immediately following release date - it can easily be determined that the closing price exceeds > (+9%) moves - well past and outside his IC strikes.

Traders that seek to exploit post-earnings releases should get into the habit of studying release events/dates for as many instances as possible. This is easy to do and often can yield valuable options strategy-related advantages.

Best regards,

WklyOptions
WklyOptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:15pm   #29

Joined Aug 2013
CostaKapo started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by WklyOptions View Post
Hi, lloydbee,

Precisely my point earlier above. If Costa only took a bit of time to study the past 3-4 post-earnings price action from release date to the close of Expiry Friday immediately following release date - it can easily be determined that the closing price exceeds > (+9%) moves - well past and outside his IC strikes.

Traders that seek to exploit post-earnings releases should get into the habit of studying release events/dates for as many instances as possible. This is easy to do and often can yield valuable options strategy-related advantages.

Best regards,

WklyOptions
Yes this was exactly why I didn't go through with the play. I had originally looked at the expected move and put the legs inside the 6% expected move but then I had looked at previous plays and figured it would be outside that 6% range, and did not move forward.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:18pm   #30

Joined Aug 2013
CostaKapo started this thread What I did do was the $TSLA Bull Put Spread and a $DIS Iron Condor. I also bought some lotto tickets on $BABA and got cold feet early and missed out on a few grand.

Click the image to open in full size.

The $BABA calls I purchased were as high as $10 dollars after I sold them. Total loss of 1210 on those contracts.

The $DIS Iron Condor was short legs of 89 and 91 - it expired Friday at 4 PM at 90. Right smack in the middle. Netted 100% of premium.

The $TSLA play out the gate was just dumb. If I didn't get cold feet I would have pocketed 2200 in premium as the short leg was 332.5 but going into earnings it kept rubbing up against 332.5 so I bought back 5 short contracts and bought a bear call spread on the opposite side creating that weird spread up above.

Last edited by CostaKapo; Nov 12, 2014 at 10:25pm.
CostaKapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:38pm   #31

Joined Aug 2013
CostaKapo started this thread Okay. We are back in business.

New positions today.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:34pm   #32

Joined Aug 2013
CostaKapo started this thread Already out of the $GLD position, took in 450$