reminiscence of(yet) a (novice)trader

This is a discussion on reminiscence of(yet) a (novice)trader within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by aag100 i want to hear a winning trader call a loser a loser,not a loser a loser.winning ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 8, 2013, 8:57am   #33

Joined Feb 2009
Re: reminiscence of(yet) a (novice)trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by aag100 View Post
i want to hear a winning trader call a loser a loser,not a loser a loser.winning traders know indicators may work for some and not for others and that each trader needs to find their own edge.
It's fine if you want to use an indicator. Just didn't see how using price is disorientating, but using price and indicators is not
Shakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:10am   #34
NVP

Joined Jun 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solas0077 View Post
Indicators are for losers is what .I have found out so far and nobody tell me that I don't know how to use them properly...
most losers have a habit of ballsing things up they dont understand ....
Attached Thumbnails
shame.jpg  
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:13am   #35
NVP

Joined Jun 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by aag100 View Post
i want to hear a winning trader call a loser a loser,not a loser a loser.winning traders know indicators may work for some and not for others and that each trader needs to find their own edge.
Vendors tend to call

Winners = Winners
break even = Winners
Losing trades = Break-even
Huge Drawdown = winning Trade still in progress

learn the language of vendors and you wont go wrong

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2013, 7:36am   #36
Joined Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
most losers have a habit of ballsing things up they dont understand ....

I, like every other trader, have searched for the holy grail of indicators and indicator combos. I'm for the price action approach, I'm for the indicator approach. One thing I've noticed in both approaches, is that simpler tends to work better. So long gone are the days of the Triple Inverse Reverse Filtered Polynomial Professional Gauge, I just have a moving average and a trailing stop.

I figure, when you produce a strategy that suits your personality and trading style, you'll make money because you'll have made something YOU understand and something you understand WHY it works.
sethmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2013, 9:57am   #37

Joined Nov 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solas0077 View Post
Indicators are for losers is what .I have found out so far and nobody tell me that I don't know how to use them properly...
Completely disagree, I've being trading full time 15 years. I use one indicator and 2 t/f's, Macro and micro, when in confluence l enter a trade. Break of confluence l exit a trade if still in.

IMHO, don't over complicate things by using multiple indicators etc
Dinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Sonicscooter
Old Jul 9, 2013, 12:19pm   #38
Joined Jul 2010

aag100 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
Vendors tend to call

Winners = Winners
break even = Winners
Losing trades = Break-even
Huge Drawdown = winning Trade still in progress

learn the language of vendors and you wont go wrong

N
everyones a winner.
aag100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2013, 12:20pm   #39
Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethmo View Post

I, like every other trader, have searched for the holy grail of indicators and indicator combos. I'm for the price action approach, I'm for the indicator approach. One thing I've noticed in both approaches, is that simpler tends to work better. So long gone are the days of the Triple Inverse Reverse Filtered Polynomial Professional Gauge, I just have a moving average and a trailing stop.

I figure, when you produce a strategy that suits your personality and trading style, you'll make money because you'll have made something YOU understand and something you understand WHY it works.
precisely.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 12:23pm   #40
Joined Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakone View Post
It's fine if you want to use an indicator. Just didn't see how using price is disorientating, but using price and indicators is not
imagine being in zero gravity with your eyes covered.would you know which way is up or down.....