My, €4.1k to €227k in 2 years, journal.

This is a discussion on My, €4.1k to €227k in 2 years, journal. within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Benj1981 Haters welcome too. Good luck Buddy I say...... Unfortunately most but not all will be cynical ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:18pm   #16

Joined Dec 2011
re: My, €4.1k to €227k in 2 years, journal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benj1981 View Post
Haters welcome too.
Good luck Buddy I say......

Unfortunately most but not all will be cynical replies indicating you have no chance. Have a good crack at it and report back......

Personally I failed (overall) on Forex but found my Niche on Indices. Be confident and go for it.
jungerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:19pm   #17

Joined Jun 2012

Benj1981 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidee View Post
They're not haters, they're doing you a favour. Where do you think all the money that these bigger winners earn all comes from? It comes from another traders losses, you can only win £5,000 from a trade because someone else did the opposite as you and lost the £5,000 that you won. Without both a buyer and a seller there would be no trade.

Think of it like a giant game of poker, poker is a game of skill and the majority of players lose; the money flows from the majority of players to a small group of highly skilled pros. What is your reason for believing that you are one of the highly skilled pros who will be able to walk off with everyone elses money?
Sorry i don't play poker, so the analogy is lost on me.

Like i've said before, i'm positive and have belief, AND i soak up information like a sponge! You mark my words, you're dealing with a future forex winner.

Good trading to all.
Benj1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:20pm   #18

Joined Jul 2003

Of course it's possible but you need to read plenty,develop a system that works for you,and if you are working then day trading is out,nothing wrong with that forex for example is probably as easy/hard to trade weekly as it is on a tic chart. I have a dead simple system for £$ but I don't have the time to trade it every morning. It returns 3R. Find out what works for you and of course get all the free education you can handle. Check out Van Tharp for a start.
Windlesham1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:20pm   #19

Joined Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungerns View Post
Good luck Buddy I say......

Unfortunately most but not all will be cynical replies indicating you have no chance. Have a good crack at it and report back......

Personally I failed (overall) on Forex but found my Niche on Indices. Be confident and go for it.
Thanks mate, i appreciate your comment. We've got to keep on going, no matter what the "naysayers" keep saying. Fight on.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:21pm   #20

Joined Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windlesham1 View Post
Of course it's possible but you need to read plenty,develop a system that works for you,and if you are working then day trading is out,nothing wrong with that forex for example is probably as easy/hard to trade weekly as it is on a tic chart. I have a dead simple system for £$ but I don't have the time to trade it every morning. It returns 3R. Find out what works for you and of course get all the free education you can handle. Check out Van Tharp for a start.

Thanks for the Van tharp heads up.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:23pm   #21
Joined Mar 2005

Quote:
Hi everybody,

I recently was lucky enough to be invited to one of IG's Forex seminars, and i'll tell you what; it really opened my eyes!! I've been working as an electrician for the last 15 years, and as nice and regular the cash is, it's not going to make me a millionaire. But, after going to that seminar, i've realised trading could! Yes, i know only a small % actually end up making it, but i think i've got what it takes.

I intend to spend 2 months learning everything i can from free sources (everyone on here's saying you're a mug for paying for training - so that many traders can't be wrong!) from the internet, which I'll also document on this journal, but if it's going really well, i might start trading much sooner.

I've got £5k saved up for my new career, but i will still be doing some spark work on the side if and when needed. I've got a mortgage and a young family - so no pressure! But seriously, i wouldn't be doing this if i didn't think i could do it. Confidence is everything, and i don't see why trading will be any different.

Right, onwards and upwards with the challenge. The learning has begun....

You dumb-ass!
barryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: bbmac , wackypete2 , The Leopard , Hoggums , nunrgguy
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:23pm   #22

Joined Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryb View Post
You dumb-ass!
Hey screw you buddy!
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:26pm   #23

Joined Jun 2012

Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:26pm   #24

Joined Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryb View Post
You dumb-ass!
Any further words would be Superfluous.........
jungerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: bbmac , The Leopard
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:26pm   #25
Joined Apr 2010

I sniff an Arab. Lol.
kimo'sabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: The Leopard
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:26pm   #26

Joined Jan 2003

You almost deserve to lose your £5k - which to an almost certainty (99.9999% probability) you will - given the hopelesly niave plan you outlined in yourfirst post, - either that or you will soon realise it is 'scared money' you are trading and give up as the capital dwindles away. It is hard to believe this is not a wind up but just as one Lulz stream dries up - another starts for T2W never stops giving.

G/L
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:26pm   #27
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Not my problem you can't make any money pal.
Lol, and typical and rather expected reaction from an inexperienced fool. Obviously touched a sensitive button to receive such a reply. I tell you what. I bet you £100 in 6 months you will either be gone or have most of your 5k gone.
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:28pm   #28

Joined Jun 2012

Benj1981 started this thread Loving the haters! Keep 'em coming!
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:30pm   #29

Joined Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo'sabby View Post
I sniff an Arab. Lol.
Lol, you're welcome to sniff an Arab, not my cuppa though mate!
Thanks! The following members like this post: kimo'sabby
Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:38pm   #30
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Loving the haters! Keep 'em coming!
Haters? Maybe you should go lookup the meaning because it's described as an intense dislike. If you think realistic opinions are an intense dislike wait until your Xfactor mindset hits the inevitable wall. If you can't accept opposing opinions then how do you plan to a accept a string of losses that directly oppose that Xfactor mindset of yours
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: rsh01