Ian's Day Trading Journal

This is a discussion on Ian's Day Trading Journal within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Will be doing another combine @ topsteptrader. This time on the 30 year bonds. 10 days with profit objective of ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:12pm   #1
Joined Jun 2009
Ian's Day Trading Journal

Will be doing another combine @ topsteptrader. This time on the 30 year bonds. 10 days with profit objective of $3500. Account parameters are $1000 daily stop loss with 5 contracts buying power. I do not intent to use either of them.

Game plan:
1. Trade small
2. Trade well
3. Get the account

Will start it of tomorrow.

Purpose of the journal is so I can keep track of my daily trades with the bonds, discover some of my weaknesses and hopefully discover some strengths that I can build on.
I am a gold trader but think I will find this experience very helpful in enhancing my tape reading abilities and to work on my patience.
ian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:53pm   #2
Joined Jun 2009
ian23 started this thread So not what I had in mind for the first day. Got in at a good level in the morning but took profits off too early thinking the action will start when the pits open. Well it did not and I failed to capitalize on the little range that was going on the whole way through the US session. At some point I got bored and did a few scalps in Gold just to have it as a backup in this account. Did not trade it well as it was at the end of the allowed session for gold but now I am in it for the rest of the combine and will have to take a trade or two in gold everyday.

Well my main focus will remain on the Bonds with this account but I will add a Gold trade here and there every day.

Did too many small bs trades and cashed up down for the day. Nothing was running hence the bigger losses than winners and hopefully I can fix that tomorrow.

OK had time to think about what I did here - yesterday - and it seems that I traded so poorly because of a bad start. I mean that first trade was good but cutting it short to come back later for the action frustrated me because it was sort of clear that I missed the good move for the day. So In the US session I sat around in the middle of a range and failed to cash in on the small moves as I wanted to get the big move that I had the morning but messed up.

So note to self here - Every now and then just step back, check the market state and adjust accordingly.
Attached Thumbnails
bonds-1.jpg  

Last edited by ian23; Apr 19, 2012 at 11:44am.
ian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2012, 8:49pm   #3

3 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Re: Ian's Day Trading Journal

Blown up already?
no111 is offline   Reply With Quote