duc's Journal

This is a discussion on duc's Journal within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Just so that you are aware, I am in the process, well, completed the process actually, of setting up a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 18, 2012, 1:31am   #8

Joined Aug 2003
Re: duc's Journal

ducati998 started this thread Just so that you are aware, I am in the process, well, completed the process actually, of setting up a live chat facility for day trading, the following is the post from my blog. It is where I will demonstrate the Options based methodology that I have touched on here.

I’ve written, and e-mailed next week’s newsletter, see, I’m getting quicker. The e-mail will also contain the link and login to the live chat room, yes, I have stolen the only worthwhile component from the PPT and Pelican Room.

There may well develop a free bonus as it were. SpyderCrusher sells subscriptions to his TradeTimer algorithm that I have featured a few times on the blog. It is different to my newsletter, but compatible, almost a confirming alternate signal.

Anyhow, SpyderCrusher may well join us in the live chat, and provide some set-ups on stocks, where my system and methodology is exclusively focussed upon the S&P500 index via the SPY ETF.

jog on
duc
Old Mar 24, 2012, 2:41am   #9

Joined Aug 2003

ducati998 started this thread Here are the week 13 results.

This week saw a slight pullback in the S&P500 index. The strategy remained long into this week, and gave back 0.46% of ‘open profits’ nothing too terrible. The position for next week will be important.

jog on
duc
Attached Thumbnails
results_1_230312.jpg   results_2_230312.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf The_duCati_Report_issue_13.pdf (307.2 KB, 100 views)
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:32pm   #10

Joined Aug 2003

ducati998 started this thread Just having a bit of a scroll through these boards highlights a couple of things, at least for me: [i] first, most would love to live the dream, viz. trading full time profitably for a living and [ii] most, or many are sceptical that it can actually be done.

Well, it can be done, and by anyone. It is not easy, that is true enough, but neither is it impossible.

For novice, even intermediate traders, many are loath to seek help. Partly, I'm sure that is due to so many rip-off merchants within this industry, there are however many legitimate and honest ones. Find an honest one, use the services, and learn from them. If the services are profitable, you can't help but learn from them, it may not be the entire answer, but at least you are making money while you learn the ropes.

Shorter term trading relies upon two components, both fundamental: [i] a timing methodology and [ii] a trading vehicle or system. The vehicle can in a large degree offset some of the risks of the timing methodology.

Some offer one or the other, some offer both, some will offer you one, with the option of adopting their methodology.

The takeaway message is this: the 'dream' is possible, very much so. Can you find it on your own...of course you can. Is it easier with a helping hand, definitely, you can shortcut potentially years of work, really of exploring dead ends more than anything.

jog on
duc
Old Mar 31, 2012, 2:23am   #11

Joined Aug 2003

ducati998 started this thread Week 14 Results

Again, a profitable week.

An observation on opportunity. Again, from perusing the boards here, it becomes apparent that there are any number of fraudulent undertakings promoting systems, etc.

This is why, along with the newsletter, that obviously can only be read in hindsight, an independent third party auditor of the results, which are the m@rketocracy results that I post each week.

Therefore with independent verification of the results, it is quite clear that the market can be traded profitably.

The fear of the opportunity must clearly lie elsewhere, for instance: what about when the market changes, viz. when the trend bends at the end. A legitimate concern and one that is managed very easily by the structure of the trade [remember my own positions are actually Option positions which leverage the results, but also modify the risk]

Of course, if you are looking to place trades on a purely directional basis, then the evidence will have to take an empirical basis, and you will simply need to observe how I navigate the bend at the end when it actually arrives - which at some point, it will.

jog on
duc
Attached Thumbnails
results_300312_1.jpg   results_300312_2.jpg   spy.png  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf The_duCati_Report_issue_14.pdf (193.7 KB, 63 views)
Old Apr 2, 2012, 6:28am   #12

Joined Aug 2003

ducati998 started this thread I've just had a quick look at the FX trading coach thread, and somewhere in the thread there are [i] a photo of some car [ii] located in NZ.

Please.

If you want to do it properly, check out Tim Sykes, private jet, Las Vegas, lot's of booze, hookers and penthouse, throw in Wayne Gretzky and Michael Jordan for good measure...all in a couple days of earning from trading stocks.

March 2012 Vegas Recap: Private Jets, Jordan, Gretzky, Cassavetes, Gorgeous Girls, Giant Champagne Bottles, 20-Minute Video Of My Penthouse Villa

jog on
duc
Old Apr 7, 2012, 7:19pm   #13

Joined Aug 2003

ducati998 started this thread The results from Week 15

The S&P 500 ETF tracker SPY finished 0.31% lower this week, thus I lost some 'open profit'. Actually this is not the way to really look at the trade, or any trade for that matter. More to the point is that any methodology seeking to capture trends will always surrender at some point some of the open profit while waiting for the exit criteria to have been met. This methodology is a trend capture methodology.

The methodology 'exits' on a weekly close, not a daily close. The signal, to date, has not yet set-up, so, the trade remains open.

Next week sees the start of Q2 earnings. This may well increase the volatility in the market, and an increased volatility need not mean a fall, look at the calculation for volatility, and then look at various market periods. Of course, increased volatility creating bear conditions is the popular perception, and with good reason.

jog on
duc
Attached Thumbnails
results_050412_1.jpg   results_050412_2.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf The_duCati_Report_issue_15.pdf (168.4 KB, 69 views)
Old Apr 9, 2012, 4:40am   #14

Joined Aug 2003

ducati998 started this thread An Easter freebie.

This week's [16] now posted.

jog on
duc
Attached Files
File Type: pdf The_duCati_Report_issue_16.pdf (170.6 KB, 56 views)