3 Ducks Demo journal

This is a discussion on 3 Ducks Demo journal within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; EURAUD was probably a better setup for a short but anyway thats me for the day....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 9, 2012, 3:04pm   #71
Joined May 2011
Re: 3 Ducks Demo journal

mentormeplease started this thread EURAUD was probably a better setup for a short but anyway thats me for the day.
mentormeplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2012, 3:14pm   #72
Joined Feb 2010

I don't know if this helps or not, ' mentormeplease',but I am guided by using parabolic sar on the 4/1 hr charts.This would have got you away from a buy of the USD/CHF.I also only enter a trade on the 4/1 hr and 5 min cross - even if it means waitinng 2/3 days for a signal.

I have found that since I have followed these two rules my trading has improved[my trading could hardly have got worse !]
spreadbettingnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 6:55am   #73
Joined May 2011

mentormeplease started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadbettingnurd View Post
I don't know if this helps or not, ' mentormeplease',but I am guided by using parabolic sar on the 4/1 hr charts.This would have got you away from a buy of the USD/CHF.I also only enter a trade on the 4/1 hr and 5 min cross - even if it means waitinng 2/3 days for a signal.

I have found that since I have followed these two rules my trading has improved[my trading could hardly have got worse !]
Thanks, I guess thats whats meant by making the system your own. I'll check it out as well. Don't know if I'm pushing it but is there a chance you could perhaps elaborate with a chart
Old Jan 10, 2012, 8:47am   #74
Joined Feb 2010

Hi ,sorry to sound dim about this ,but can you tell me how to post a screen shot of my chart on to the forum.I have tried but with no luck.I have taken a screen shot and it is ready to post mentormeplease.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 9:31am   #75
Joined Feb 2010

png.gif chart.png
Attached Thumbnails
chart.png  
Old Jan 10, 2012, 9:34am   #76
Joined Feb 2010

The chart above shows the indicators I use,parabolic sar,macd,rsi and stochastic - I use these indicators to confirm a 3 duck trade.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:24am   #77
Joined May 2011

mentormeplease started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadbettingnurd View Post
The chart above shows the indicators I use,parabolic sar,macd,rsi and stochastic - I use these indicators to confirm a 3 duck trade.
Thanks. I haven't really given much thought to using indicators to confirm the 3 ducks setup. That's definitely something to look into.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 8:09am   #78
Joined May 2011

mentormeplease started this thread Sorry guys, I can't post much as I get this message at times when trying to view or post. I've sent an email some time back but have had no response. So I'll only post when I'm allowed to and have the time.

"Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here"
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:49am   #79
Joined May 2011

mentormeplease started this thread EURGBP short lined up

Entry: 0.8259
SL: 0.8285
TP: 0.8207
Attached Thumbnails
eu.gif  
Old Jan 16, 2012, 3:20pm   #80
Joined May 2011

mentormeplease started this thread I won't be able to monitor the trade now so I cancelled the order.