3 Ducks Demo journal

This is a discussion on 3 Ducks Demo journal within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Ok USDCAD hit my stop. Should have got out before the news today....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 20, 2012, 2:40pm   #131
Joined May 2011
Re: 3 Ducks Demo journal

mentormeplease started this thread Ok USDCAD hit my stop. Should have got out before the news today.
mentormeplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:55am   #132
Joined Jul 2008

Great journal. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Quick question - are you trading based on his advanced training course, or simply based on the free booklet?

And are you trading set and forget or are you monitoring the trades, letting trades run if they are trending well?
forexsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2012, 4:56pm   #133
Joined May 2011

mentormeplease started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by forexsniper View Post
Great journal. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Quick question - are you trading based on his advanced training course, or simply based on the free booklet?

And are you trading set and forget or are you monitoring the trades, letting trades run if they are trending well?
forexsniper, I'm trading based on the free booklet, incorporating my own support and resistance line/areas. I can't really say that I've been using CC's set and forget approach as I haven't been on his course and don't really know what it entails. But I sometimes set my orders with a 20 pip sl and 40 pip tp, but most times, I monitor my trades and try to get a 1:2 RR and will move my stops to BE and 1:1 RR if I see fit.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 5:07pm   #134
Joined May 2011

mentormeplease started this thread Well I posted my reply above because I actually dropped by to make a confession. The greedy person in me almost cost me my account. I shorted EURUSD with ridiculous risk and lot size and lost over $350 in one trade (bringing my account down to $170). I admit that this ill discipline has cost me in the past and I will completely eliminate this from my trading. I know that this is a mental game and I will conquer it. The silver lining is that I know that I can recover this although it will take some time. I must get rid of this get rich quick notion in my head.

The good news is that I have actually recovered most of the losses with proper money management, analysis and a decent lot size (just the normal $1/pip and adding to my position on break of resistance and news to compliment this). Most of it was recovered on the AUDUSD long. So I'm back up to over $400 now.

This really frustrates me as I could have been approaching the $1000 mark had I not done something so stupid. BUT NEVER AGAIN WILL I LOSE MY FOCUS.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 11:28pm   #135
Joined Dec 2010

great journal. Hope you're doing fine!