3 Ducks Demo journal

This is a discussion on 3 Ducks Demo journal within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; EURAUD was probably a better setup for a short but anyway thats me for the day....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 9, 2012, 2:04pm   #71
Joined May 2011
Re: 3 Ducks Demo journal

mentormeplease started this thread EURAUD was probably a better setup for a short but anyway thats me for the day.
mentormeplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2012, 2:14pm   #72
Joined Feb 2010

I don't know if this helps or not, ' mentormeplease',but I am guided by using parabolic sar on the 4/1 hr charts.This would have got you away from a buy of the USD/CHF.I also only enter a trade on the 4/1 hr and 5 min cross - even if it means waitinng 2/3 days for a signal.

I have found that since I have followed these two rules my trading has improved[my trading could hardly have got worse !]
spreadbettingnurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2012, 5:55am   #73
Joined May 2011

mentormeplease started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadbettingnurd View Post
I don't know if this helps or not, ' mentormeplease',but I am guided by using parabolic sar on the 4/1 hr charts.This would have got you away from a buy of the USD/CHF.I also only enter a trade on the 4/1 hr and 5 min cross - even if it means waitinng 2/3 days for a signal.

I have found that since I have followed these two rules my trading has improved[my trading could hardly have got worse !]
Thanks, I guess thats whats meant by making the system your own. I'll check it out as well. Don't know if I'm pushing it but is there a chance you could perhaps elaborate with a chart
Old Jan 10, 2012, 7:47am   #74
Joined Feb 2010

Hi ,sorry to sound dim about this ,but can you tell me how to post a screen shot of my chart on to the forum.I have tried but with no luck.I have taken a screen shot and it is ready to post mentormeplease.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 8:31am   #75
Joined Feb 2010

png.gif chart.png
Attached Thumbnails
chart.png  
Old Jan 10, 2012, 8:34am   #76
Joined Feb 2010

The chart above shows the indicators I use,parabolic sar,macd,rsi and stochastic - I use these indicators to confirm a 3 duck trade.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:24am   #77
Joined May 2011

mentormeplease started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by spreadbettingnurd View Post
The chart above shows the indicators I use,parabolic sar,macd,rsi and stochastic - I use these indicators to confirm a 3 duck trade.
Thanks. I haven't really given much thought to using indicators to confirm the 3 ducks setup. That's definitely something to look into.