my journal 3

This is a discussion on my journal 3 within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:13pm   #162

Joined Mar 2003
Re: my journal 3

travis started this thread
Old Jan 26, 2012, 8:27pm   #163

Joined Mar 2003

travis started this thread Losing 300 from an ongoing trade. As i said, "inevitable upcoming losses".

Last edited by travis; Jan 26, 2012 at 8:38pm.
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:49pm   #164

Joined Mar 2003

travis started this thread Khan Academy in the meanwhile, all these months, has kept adding new exercises, I started at 225 and now we're at a total of 289, and I have been working (including on 10 review exercises per day) several months on a daily basis.

They really manage to get you committed and consistent. Not much could be improved about their website. I still have a lot to learn, but they turned my attitude around.

snap1.jpg

Last edited by travis; Jan 26, 2012 at 10:54pm.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 8:55am   #165

Joined Mar 2003

travis started this thread Back at work. He's chewing again, with his mouth open. What an uneducated pig.

For now he hasn't talked at least. If he asks me for music, I'll tell him to play it on his own computer.

I'm doing math now, I hope he doesn't cause me to make mistakes:
Dividing complex numbers | Khan Academy

It's my last exercise.

He's still chewing out loud.

At the start I made friends with him, but now I am distancing myself. Ever since I opened my eyes and realized what a slacker he is. It's a lot of bull****, all the paper on his desk, all the talking. In reality he's just phone calls and lunch/coffee breaks. That's all he does.

Ok, finally done with all these exercises. 900k of "energy points". Impressive work, I am proud of myself:

snap1.jpg

In the meanwhile, a colleague came and the usual bull**** is being discussed. He's preaching to his colleague on how things should be done. In the meanwhile, he's doing nothing.

When your amount of preaching exceeds your amount of work, you should realize that you're not doing jack****, and that you're not entitled to preaching.

[...]

There you go again. He went on a coffee break for 20 minutes, then he came back, and tells me "you know, there's a truck drivers' strike...", and so he couldn't get his freshly squeezed orange juice, but hey, he bought oranges. So he goes to the bathroom to wash his orange or whatever he did, and now he's eating it I suppose.

So, first he talks about how things should be done, but he doesn't do them, then coffee break, then orange break, then... he hasn't done anything yet, and he's supposed to have been working for 2 hours by now.

At least we're not talking much anymore, because I am not being talkative lately, so he doesn't waste my time all day long, preaching to me about his bull**** integrity.

[...]

Nice. He finally went to lunch. Now he'll be gone for two hours, so I can work in peace. Lately, since he can't screw around with me anymore, because I've understood his type, he took to going to other people's rooms and screw around with them. I could hear him laugh his ass off for the last 20 minutes. But, as some Latin author said, "risus abundat in ore stultorum", and also "infinitus est numerus stultorum". Or "laughter abounds in the mouths of fools" and, as we also say in Italy, "the mother of idiots is always pregnant", so that "the number of idiots is infinite". This also explains the abundance of smileys used on forums.

Last edited by travis; Jan 27, 2012 at 12:34pm.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 2:57pm   #166

Joined Mar 2003

travis started this thread ****. I am finally home. I don't care if I have to argue with this roommate. He has an ineffective work methodology: screwing around and doing nothing all day long, and bull****ting your way out of situations, by saying you're a deep thinker, who knows a lot about laws, who goes deep into matters. That might be good if you're sitting on the Board. But as an employee you're required to work.

I don't give a **** if he was... if so far he has outsmarted me by getting promoted while I didn't. I just care about being useful and not wasting my day cracking jokes and being a clown. I will do my math exercises, or I will mop the floors, but I want to go there to work, and not to socialize and being a clown. He wants to be clown? Fine. But at least allow me to work. At my bank, Vito the Chimp, the Idiot with the Radio, and now this clown... it seems like being allowed to work quietly is something you have to fight for and get into arguments for. The normalcy is screwing around. Of course I am not working at a branch, but at the Administration (Compliance Department), so here slackers can get away with it because there's no contact with customers.

I am sure they say: What's wrong with travis? - He likes to work quietly. - Oh, I see... what a masochistic individual.

Anyway, now I am home so let's see what happened during the day as far as trading. [...]

It's all right. One win closed, for less than 100 dollars. And one ongoing loss for a few hundreds. I am ok. I can't expect a rate higher than 60% anyway (with wins bigger than losses). As I said yesterday, after making over 100% in 11 trading days, I am now expecting "inevitable upcoming losses".

Besides, today I worked on my idiot roommate so I am pretty satisfied for the day. Risus abundat in ore stultorum.

Last edited by travis; Jan 27, 2012 at 9:03pm.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 5:18pm   #167

Joined Mar 2003

travis started this thread

Speaking of SNL, I am gonna try two more movies with Chevy Chase:
Watch Oh Heavenly Dog online - on 1Channel | LetMeWatchThis
Watch Modern Problems online - on 1Channel | LetMeWatchThis

Last edited by travis; Jan 27, 2012 at 6:37pm.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 8:38pm   #168

Joined Mar 2003
weekly update

travis started this thread All right, that trade that was losing hundreds turned out to make over a thousand. So I made a 125% return in 12 days of trading. Who would have dreamed 12 days ago of investing just 4000, and having 9000 just 12 trading days later? The probability of blowing out back then was at 33%, according to relativized resampled backtesting worsened by the fact that the future is worse than the past. The probability of the blowing out event is now down to 2% on backtested relativized resampled data, and, given that backtesting is always better, I'd say a worsened estimate of... 5%, but not more. I can now lose about 7k and still be able to trade, whereas at the start I could lose only 2k. Big difference.

I'll do the weekly update in about 40 minutes.

[...]

This is the equity line of the forward-tested period, with the arrow where I started using this portfolio (with real money):

snap1.jpg

This is the last few weeks of trading of the portfolio (same thing as the chart above, but on a weekly basis, and a shorter period):

snap2.jpg

The few hundreds dollars of difference were made due to some discretionary trades of mine: about 3, on which I made a bit more than 600 dollars. I've stopped doing those, because I know I have run out of luck and if I'll enter a losing trade, I won't be able to exit it, so I am done with those discretionary trades. Also, because a few hundreds of difference won't be as important as they were at the start, so I have more to lose than to gain from doing anything discretionary.

I am going to stop posting these amazing results for a while, especially until they'll be good, because I am blatantly showing off and it bothers me when others do it. I did a similar thing when the account with the investors was going very well, and then I resumed posting the results when it entered the drawdown.

The reason I felt the need to show off for the last few days is that some months ago I got harassed by a few idiots (about five of them), due to which I had to close my previous journal (2) and enable the "only posts from contacts" option on this new journal (3). These idiots were daring to post on my journal and tell me, as if they were talking to an idiot (such as they are) all sorts of things (lectures on trading, scolding, blaming, berating, questioning, interrogating, ganging up, torturing), without even knowing anything much about me - except for the fact that something had just gone wrong with my trading. And, being hyenas, they could not resist their instinct to gang up on someone who seemed in trouble. Since these results were enough to restore my confidence, now I can stop showing them off and I can now continue writing my journal without discussing percentages and performances, or rather: I will discuss performance, but only from a technical point of view, without writing posts with "today I made this much money" and so on. The most I'll say is "good week" or "bad week". Furthermore, now the concern of being interrupted and bothered by idiots/trolls posting here is pretty much gone thanks to the new "only posts from contacts" option. Thanks, once again, to trade2win, for these awesome settings, which allow me to write precisely what I want to write, without interference.

Last edited by travis; Jan 27, 2012 at 10:35pm.