Hedge Fund Copier

This is a discussion on Hedge Fund Copier within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Does the vendor say what basis / analysis they use to generate the signals?...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 28, 2011, 7:51am   #15

Joined May 2011
Re: Hedge Fund Copier

Does the vendor say what basis / analysis they use to generate the signals?
DaddyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2011, 10:18am   #16
Joined Oct 2006

How much did you actually make. I think that's all that counts especially given the fact that the Market can move away from the given entry point in a very short space of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davechilde View Post
Round up for the week. Pips quoted are max pips for a single position.

MON - GBP/CHF +30
TUES - EUR/USD +30
AUD/USD +28
GBP/CHF +59
WEDS EUR/USD +70
THURS GBP/CAD +12
FRI USD/CHF +40

The pips quoted are based on the system's entry and exit prices, not what I managed to acheive. I missed a couple of trades and or entry points. On balance if I'd been at my platform at the moment each signal was issued I may have got closer, but on one occasion I was and the price had moved by the time the signal popped up.

All in all I think a potential +269 for the week is non too shabby, I could live with catching only half of these.

Plus sides for the system so far? Easy to follow with clear guidance, positive results, very encouraged by no losing trade this week at all.

Minus? System is a platform taking signals from a server operated by the vendor, so I cannot operate unless they are still in business They are not charging ongoing licence fees, which on the one hand is good, but on the other they've got to keep selling copies of the software to maintain the service. Personally I'd rather pay an annual licence fee so they have got an incentive to keep the service running.

Other downside, some signals come during the night, so a risk of missing entries and exits.

More next week.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:47am   #17
Joined Jun 2009

davechilde started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyJohn View Post
Does the vendor say what basis / analysis they use to generate the signals?
No, they just say it is mutiple calcualtions, but they have 10 core strategies, from 5M scalping, to monthly price action (of which there may only be a couple of trades per year).

Most of the trades I have picked up have been on either the 1H or 4H daily movement, where the vendor's sytem tries to ride the general direction for the timeframe, or price action, for which all the vendor says is that the system will reconginse certain price action patterns and generate a signal when criteria are met.
davechilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:53am   #18
Joined Jun 2009

davechilde started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by pboyles View Post
How much did you actually make. I think that's all that counts especially given the fact that the Market can move away from the given entry point in a very short space of time.
I think it's fair to say that the market moves in the direction of the trade more often than it pulls back. Although a tradeer with more patience and disciplile than me, could possible score better entries from waiting for a pullback.

I took 148 pips from last week, but 30ish of those are from getting a better entry than the system, which probably balances the trades where i got in worse than signalled entry.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:01am   #19
Joined Jun 2009

davechilde started this thread Couple of trades signalled this morning.
Short on 1H EUR/USD from 1.4454, TP1 already hit at 1.4420 for +34 (+36 for me by entering on a minor pullback)

Short on 4H GBP/CHF from 1.3320. I've not taken this because TP3 is only at 1.3170, 150 pips away, yet SL is at 1.3560, 240 pips, so not worth the risk on R/R.

Being perfectly honest I cocked up. I misread the SL to be 1.3356, entered short before double checking the trade details and have been stopped out for -40 ( because I got in at 1.3316).
Old Aug 30, 2011, 3:22pm   #20
Joined Jun 2009

davechilde started this thread two trades today, 1H EUR/USD short at 1.4454, TP1 hit as mentioned earlier, then alert to close early at 1.4417. Max profit +37.

The GBP/CHF trade I cocked up earlier was just alerted to close ealry at 1.3318 for +2. At the preceise time the laert sounded on my platform my broker was offering 1.3326 so would have be -6 if I had taken the trade, albeit as I type price is 1.3290, and testing the low of the day, so hard to see the logic in closing?
Old Aug 31, 2011, 3:16pm   #21
Joined Jun 2009

davechilde started this thread Quiet day today, no signals. Personally i've been whipsawed trying to pick the range breakout on EUR/USD today, then missed the actual breakout. Regroup tomorrow.

Last edited by davechilde; Aug 31, 2011 at 3:17pm. Reason: spelling error