Arbu does Free Proprietary Trader Training

This is a discussion on Arbu does Free Proprietary Trader Training within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; 18th January I have a new demo platform and a live one. Awaited CPI figure at 9:30am. I thought it ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 4, 2011, 7:22pm   #9
Joined Jul 2005
Re: Arbu does Free Proprietary Trader Training

Arbu started this thread 18th January

I have a new demo platform and a live one. Awaited CPI figure at 9:30am. I thought it was going to be bad so went short the FTSE on the demo platform on good Bollinger and MACD signals. The trade worked and I closed out for a small profit but I should really have sold GBP instead for more movement.
Arbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 7:28pm   #10
Joined Jul 2005

Arbu started this thread 20th January

I think oil is reaching the end of its upward run. It keeps hitting resistance at about $98.50 and there are questions about both Western and Eastern economies. Formed a plan to short it on good MACD and Bollinger signals. Did this on the demo and soon saw a big profit. Saw another opportunity to get in for more downside so went in on the live account. Downward trend slowed down. Decided to wait for good technical signals to get out, but they didn't come. It started climbing rapidly. Closed out for £83 loss.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 7:30pm   #11
Joined Jul 2005

Arbu started this thread 24th January

I still think oil is going to go down. Tried a short trade based n the MACD and Bollinger bands but it didn't work. Lost about £20.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 7:38pm   #12
Joined Jul 2005

Arbu started this thread 25th January

Awaiting the GDP announcement. Analysts expectations are +0.2 to +0.6%. I ask myself, "Could it be outside these figures?" I conclude that probably not, the analysts know what they're talking about, but I think it will be poor. My impression is that companies are keeping a much closer rein on their finances than before and they must be feeling the pinch a bit. So I short the FTSE. Again I should have done GBPUSD. But anyway I make about £40. Surprised at how long the FTSE took to go down. And analysts clearly don't know what they're talking about.

Reading Way of the Turtle.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 7:43pm   #13
Joined Jul 2005

Arbu started this thread 31st January

Oil made new highs on Friday afternoon and still there today. So waited for good short term signal on MACD and Bollinger bands and bought, in accordance with rules in Way of the Turtle.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 7:45pm   #14
Joined Jul 2005

Arbu started this thread 1st February

Oil at new highs again, so increased position as per Way of the Turtle.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 7:45pm   #15
Joined Sep 2008

Good luck with your journal and trading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbu
And analysts clearly don't know what they're talking about.
That's the reason you learn for yourself!!
Analysts are mainly salesman, many don't even trade.

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2011, 7:47pm   #16
Joined Jul 2005

Arbu started this thread 2nd February

GBP at high against Dollar so bought in accordance with Rules in Way of the Turtle.