Let's Play the US Markets

This is a discussion on Let's Play the US Markets within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Good point. Well made. I reckon I'd be first out the door.... At least you don't ban us who decide ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 11, 2010, 5:59pm   #36

Joined Dec 2009
Re: Let's Play the US Markets

Good point. Well made.

I reckon I'd be first out the door....

At least you don't ban us who decide to critique these fellas
Old Dec 11, 2010, 7:05pm   #37
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
Does the site provide a guide to members, especially newbies, on the sort of credentials, references, account records etc. that a potential customer should look out for in taking up an advertised service?
Hi Tom,
This is a work in progress.

At the moment, there is a note about vendors in the Essentials Of First Steps Sticky (see 'Trading Vendors' at the foot of post #2). There are sections entitled 'Scams' and 'How To Avoid the Rogues & Find the Pros' respectively in the FAQ Can you Recommend a (Forex) Alert Service? (See post #2 - the 'Long Answer'.) The main FAQ which will address the whole issue head on as it were and entitled 'Can you Recommend a Trading Course, Coach or Mentor?' is still being written (by me). When it's complete and I've posted it - I'm confident that T2W will be able to answer your question with a resounding 'yes'!

As always, ideas about what the FAQ should include and any links to sites that help with background checks etc. are very welcome.
Tim.
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2010, 7:16pm   #38
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
As always, ideas about what the FAQ should include and any links to sites that help with background checks etc. are very welcome.
Tim.
1. http://whois.domaintools.com/
2. http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/c4...essCompanyInfo for UK companies
3. Google street view
4. http://www.sec.gov/edgar/searchedgar/companysearch.html for US companies
5. http://www.pacer.gov/ for US Court cases including bankruptcy (subscription required, I have one if anyone needs to get something)
6. https://www.ebundesanzeiger.de/ebanz...arch_start&=eb for German companies
7. http://www.finra.org/Investors/Tools...s/BrokerCheck/
8. Common sense, actually that should be first, it would probably catch 90% of scams.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: timsk
Old Dec 11, 2010, 7:27pm   #39
Joined Oct 2006

...and any advert that contains any combination of the following words or phrases is immediately declared a scam without further investigation.

Forex, millionaire, secrets, 12,000 pips, just 10 minutes a day, free EA, Vince, Secker, free forex seminar, I'm a hedge fund manager,

Likewise any with photos of Ferraris, yachts in Monaco or this guy dont need any more work.
Attached Thumbnails
get-rich-quick.jpg  
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: amit1986
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:23pm   #40

Joined May 2009

I think it would simply be best if we all let the OP at least start his thread as he intended to. If at any time, there is evidence of suspicious activity, I am sure the mods will act swiftly in banning him.

The very nature of his journal allows us to see whether his intentions on T2W are pure, or simply a cover for a marketing scam. In the case of the latter, I am sure the mods will act swiftly in removing him.

To the OP: the reason why you are observing such hostility is because there's nothing more honest members of T2W hate more than a failed trader trying to scam newbies in a brand new, get-rich-quick scheme. If that is your hidden motive, then don't bother wasting your time posting here.

However, if you sincerely wish to learn and add some much-needed value to T2W, then welcome.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:40pm   #41
Joined Sep 2008

Amit,
The problem here is Mr Elliot started right off the bat with a lie, then was deceiving, and it ballooned up from there. In fact if you dig deeper into his tradenet site you will find countless pieces of information that at best do not corroborate what he says here or what he posts on his linkin in profile, or what other members here have found out. Is he really a senior sales exec? is Sotorios really head of marketing? Believe me you will find many more questions than answers. Hint: check out the team members listed on the site.

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:45pm   #42
Joined Feb 2002

Many thanks Tim, I'm sure this answer is going to be useful for members.

Now that Nick has a vendor badge I don't care if he keeps posting (and blogging) but for me his credibility was blown by his misleading, as it turned out, first post.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote