Oliver Valez Trade for Life Program

This is a discussion on Oliver Valez Trade for Life Program within the Trading Firms forums, part of the Trading Career category; NetTecture, you brought forth some great points. The system may not be faulty just the operators. Even with VCM I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 25, 2009, 6:28pm   #43

8 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
NetTecture, you brought forth some great points. The system may not be faulty just the operators. Even with VCM I have been shut down for the day, not because a bad system, but because of MY bad trading (learning though).

Also, anyone who is trading remember this is like any other career, it takes time. You don't see a medical student start in the first semester and be operating by the end of the semester. Anything you do in life that is new or different is going to be a change and need time and practice.

I personally thought that with trading, I was going to be conquering the markets in no time and within 6 months I was going to be paying all my bills including my mortgage. I have realized that it is a learning process any way you look at it. I have taken another trading course prior to VCM and learned some but after losing more money than I wanted,I knew I needed more education....and time. I also know that sticking with it, the reward will be well worth the risk (the cost of a course) and I will be able to have a very comfortable lifestyle.

Also, I know there are many different courses out there, some may not be so legit and others are great. My experience with VCM has been a great one. Thanks for the opportunity to share my view.

Regards,
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetTecture View Post
This is something I wonder, too. I mean, really. What is expected from Menntoring? I would say it is ok if the VAST majority of people STILL fail.

Seriously.

Normally 95% to 98% of people fail. Nice. If the trainnig program get boost that down to 80% - that still means 8 of 10 students will not pass. But it also means it STILL may be worth the money.

Can fraut be prooven? This should be easy. If methods teached can be dissected of not working... then... this is Fraud. If they can not work practically, it is fraud.

But if most people fail, this does not mean it is fraud. I know some study branches where many people get washed out in the beginning. There once was a saying that if you give someone a profitable computerized trading system, 60% of the people will STILL loose money, as they simply do not follow the rules. I suspect the same with any mentoring program.

The bitterness seems - totally unfounded to me. Some people did spoke up. If real (which the admins can validate) they provided nice evidence that points into the "valid" area.

The posts from a forum official sadly give a bad taste to the forum, if read by observers (like me so far in this topic), simply due to the extreme rude and unbased way they are formulated in.

Note that I do not say I would advice anyone to take that course I think it is on the high side. OTOH the reimbursement program looks nice. Everone still has to make his own decision.
KevinMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2009, 9:56pm   #44
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by apavlis View Post
Well said Kevin, the response from arabianfrights says it all.....he has no information, just insults, this is a bitter pill of a person. What kind of "advisor" leaves posts like these?
Many prop & training firms have let their recruits down by a way or another.
Arabian has roughly seen them all at various stages, and knows the
industry very well. Hence the no bull**** attitude, which might be mistaken for
insulting.

If you are looking to promote VCM for the London market:
any strictly prop trading or trader trading firm with a legit offer will do very well. If some issues are raised by Arabian or others, acknowledging these and taking steps to correct these might be a good way of reassuring potential recruits newbies and experienced.

Last edited by fantastic; May 26, 2009 at 10:11pm.
fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2009, 10:31pm   #45

9 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
That may very well be true fantastic, and if it was explained that way I would not have a problem with it. The no bull**** attitude is insulting without any kind of an explanation from this 22 year old kid who should have some tact and provide education and guidance since he is an advisor. Instead we are called morons because we are in the VCM Trade for Life program and because we provided some feedback on our experiences in the program that other people inquired about on this thread. To me this is just downright rude and serves no useful purpose.
apavlis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2009, 4:50am   #46

8 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Fantastic, I do not disagree that some or many firms have let their recruits down and the purpose on this forum isn't to say VCM is the next Holy Grail either. I happen to be with VCM and am very happy with the program, what I would like to say is; if people feel a program is either good or bad, give some details as to why that reason is. I have supported VCM in saying what has been mentioned either through advertisement or the website has been accurate and worthwhile to me. Whether VCM or another company, if there is something that is wrong give some details or examples and if they are legit, maybe they could be addressed or brought up in discussion to have an understanding of what the problems are. Simply to say "they suck" or "they're scams" doesn't help any of us who are trying to either get information or pass it on. There is more than enough money in the market for all of us, so why not share ideas and information that may give someone...as myself.. an aa-ha moment and make us better traders. If someone learns "my secret" doesn't mean I won't make money in the market, it only helps others.

Regards,
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic View Post
Many prop & training firms have let their recruits down by a way or another.
Arabian has roughly seen them all at various stages, and knows the
industry very well. Hence the no bull**** attitude, which might be mistaken for
insulting.

If you are looking to promote VCM for the London market:
any strictly prop trading or trader trading firm with a legit offer will do very well. If some issues are raised by Arabian or others, acknowledging these and taking steps to correct these might be a good way of reassuring potential recruits newbies and experienced.
KevinMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2009, 5:38am   #47
Joined Mar 2009
That sort f put sit up.

See, I am a "again newbie" (stopped trading for some years for personal reasons) and in general interested in education / mentorship programs, and ALSO considering a prop uosue. I think VCM is really not what I want to pay for (i.e. too expensive), etc.

But still, seriously - from the way this conversation is handled, the "they are scam" side looks a LOT less real than the two even newbies with not even 10 posts stepping forward.

Whatever valid criticism is there, it deserves to be raised in a way that does not immediately discredit it and the person raising it as ungrounded and not even worth reading. At least SOME Arguments should be provided. Ad hominem attacks without any argument invalidate any post.
NetTecture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2009, 6:12am   #48

Joined Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetTecture View Post
That sort f put sit up.

See, I am a "again newbie" (stopped trading for some years for personal reasons) and in general interested in education / mentorship programs, and ALSO considering a prop uosue. I think VCM is really not what I want to pay for (i.e. too expensive), etc.

But still, seriously - from the way this conversation is handled, the "they are scam" side looks a LOT less real than the two even newbies with not even 10 posts stepping forward.

Whatever valid criticism is there, it deserves to be raised in a way that does not immediately discredit it and the person raising it as ungrounded and not even worth reading. At least SOME Arguments should be provided. Ad hominem attacks without any argument invalidate any post.
What the hell?

Simple logic should tell you it's a scam.

Either VCM has discovered a brand new business model that merely resembles many other scams to all outward appearances (offering riches for a low, low fee!) which is soon, no doubt, to be imitated by Goldman and Soros... or it's a scam.

I mean, just look at the guy's website. Nonsense about bringing the third world out of poverty by teaching them to trade. Use some common sense!
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

No nuisance spread betters please. Anyone else welcome.

Last edited by arabianights; May 27, 2009 at 6:17am.
arabianights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2009, 4:37am   #49
Joined Sep 2005
So luckybucks,

I am considering trying the VELEZ trading program, myself. Why cant I find one trader on the internet who can say they lost their money or....is making a living as promised. Velez says he now has around 2400 traders worldwide. So, why are none talking of their experiences on the internet. Is there any way to find out if this is for real. I hate shelling out 12 grand for a week of "online training" and then get to sit in my underwear all day and hopefully make money. He gives you a $30 maximum loss per day. Doesnt that mean that if you lose one trade, you are done for the day? So then you go back to sim or demo mode? Why doesnt anyone know the details? I wouldnt have even considered this gig as it seems too good to be true but his free webinar was really informative and did have tips I never heard anywhere before, and Ive read most of the books. Then there is another guy on some site called scam.com saying velez was fired by pristine so that should tell me something. Another guy is saying the next highest guy to velez in the company is a fraud and that he is using velez as the frontman. I need some clarity here guys. Id appreciate anyones help.
Pakua42 is offline   Reply With Quote