How likely is it in trading firms to google applicants?

This is a discussion on How likely is it in trading firms to google applicants? within the Trading Firms forums, part of the Trading Career category; In trading firms such as Optiver, IMC, Flow Traders, TwoSigma, JaneStreet, etc, how likely is it that the HR representative ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 24, 2018, 6:22am   #1

1 Posts
Joined Feb 2018
How likely is it in trading firms to google applicants?

In trading firms such as Optiver, IMC, Flow Traders, TwoSigma, JaneStreet, etc, how likely is it that the HR representative googles the potential applicant and generally in what part of the process is this? Before first interview, after first, after second, before hire? I know that in other careers and jobs it is very likely that the HR representative googles the applicant however since traders and such are in a field where skill is valued over everything, I wanted to know how likely it is for an HR rep to google their applicant. This may seem like an HR question (and it is) but I figured someone who has been at their company for a while could shed some light. And if they do google applicants, what could deter them from choosing an applicant based on their online presence?
ericasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2018, 9:51am   #2

7 Posts
Joined May 2018
If you are interested in recruiting someone then odds are they will Google you. Never post things which would determine potential employers, if they want to push hard enough there is plenty they can find out.
OnlyScott is offline   Reply With Quote