Is there a single organised prop firm you can buy into in London left?

This is a discussion on Is there a single organised prop firm you can buy into in London left? within the Trading Firms forums, part of the Trading Career category; Just a quick one: I'm aware there are desks in arcades etc going and they do great work at filling ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:12pm   #1
Joined Feb 2017
Is there a single organised prop firm you can buy into in London left?

Just a quick one:

I'm aware there are desks in arcades etc going and they do great work at filling a niche, but is there a single "full" prop firm left that takes on self funded traders without any BS? I note a lot of the old firms who used to do so still operate, but they all seem to be clearing houses now, a la Marex.

Looking online there's a bunch of props wistfully looking for top tier grads for algo development (good luck with that), but I'm failing to see much in the way of old fashioned props where you could rock up with 50k and get a desk in EC.

Cheers
Fill_Or_Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:02am   #3
Joined Feb 2017
Fill_Or_Kill started this thread Thanks much for your time, but in what way do Xconnect and GHF offer a prop firm environment? I'm sure they would both happily help me set up a prop firm if I was that way inclined mind you as they've both moved into clearing and settlements like Marex!

TTG I heard weren't taking anybody new but I'll give them a call considering I'm decently funded. Could also try Met I suppose, but they're trying to set themselves up as the British Optiver, fair play. Savi I hear are still pushing scam training so won't be going there. What happened to Pyne? Their financials don't look too bad considering.

ABN Amro?? The huge Dutch bank?? "Excuse me lads, you got a FGBL feed in your many offices or what?"

I'm going to end up trading solo as usual aren't I.
Fill_Or_Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:42pm   #4
Joined Jul 2010
Call all of them. They certainly used to offer desk space if you opened an account. Alternatively google coworking space in the area you are interested in getting a desk.

http://www.cqg.com/partners/fcms

http://www.cqg.com/partners/fcms/abn-amro

http://www.cqg.com/partners/fcms/gh-financials

You just missed the open evening at Marex
http://www.marexspectronprotrader.co...g-26th-january

Last edited by Trading Spaces; Feb 21, 2017 at 4:49pm.
Trading Spaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Fill_Or_Kill
Old Feb 26, 2017, 12:53am   #5
Joined Sep 2006
What instruments do you trade and how many RTs do you do every day?
bootsyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:15am   #6
Joined Jul 2010
www.futexlive.com were offering desks for £500 a month recently. Bring your own clearing.
Trading Spaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:14pm   #7
Joined May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trading Spaces View Post
www.futexlive.com were offering desks for £500 a month recently. Bring your own clearing.
But who is there today? Looks like there's just Dan Goldberg ...
joselopezde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:17pm   #8
Joined Nov 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by joselopezde View Post
But who is there today? Looks like there's just Dan Goldberg ...
I thought they went out of business.
seekingTruth16 is offline   Reply With Quote