How to Start Your Own Hedge Fund

This is a discussion on How to Start Your Own Hedge Fund within the Trading Firms forums, part of the Trading Career category; Originally Posted by A Dashing Blade Agree, not quite sure what the OP is attempting to demonstrate. It's pretty clear ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:45pm   #9

Joined Aug 2013
CostaKapo started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dashing Blade View Post
Agree, not quite sure what the OP is attempting to demonstrate.
It's pretty clear if you actually read the post. I am reposting an article which the fellas over at wallstreetoasis.com thought was good content. It demonstrates the bare bones structure of a hedge fund, and how its not this ominous complex financial beast that people make it out to be.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:50pm   #10

Joined Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by CostaKapo View Post
do you have that miserable of an outlook on the world to need to always be so damn condescending
condescension stems from an air of superiority. That's hardly a miserable outlook
malaguti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:52pm   #11
Joined Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CostaKapo View Post
It simply points out the structure of a hedge fund, nothing more nothing less. I don't own or operate a hedge fund, I am not trying to get anyone to start one. I simply posted an article that explains the structure of what people believe to be a complex ominous financial structure. I am unsure of why every single post of yours is snark, do you have that miserable of an outlook on the world to need to always be so damn condescending to everyone.
If you think that's all that constitutes a hedge fund then you need to talk to someone who knows something about the subject. The official and regulatory side is the tip of the iceberg Joe. Going through those procedures does not a hedge fund make. LOL

I only seem condescending because most people I talk to are halfwits. Not you of course.

Not sure my outlook on the world is miserable, but if that's the reality you're getting then stick with it, you're probably right.
Sigma-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2014, 2:04pm   #12

Joined Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma-D View Post
If you think that's all that constitutes a hedge fund then you need to talk to someone who knows something about the subject. The official and regulatory side is the tip of the iceberg Joe. Going through those procedures does not a hedge fund make. LOL

I only seem condescending because most people I talk to are halfwits. Not you of course.

Not sure my outlook on the world is miserable, but if that's the reality you're getting then stick with it, you're probably right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malaguti View Post
condescension stems from an air of superiority. That's hardly a miserable outlook
Well, based off the response the posters on wallstreetoasis.com gave this same content I figured that it would be appreciated here. I am sure no one over there has any experience with hedge funds.

I'm sorry you have to deal with halfwits so often, it must be awful for someone with a low threshold for pain.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:49pm   #13

4 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
I come from a part of the world (India) where we cannot trade in international commodities or forex. My question is as a full time trader, is it possible for me to make it to London, under the Business Visa option and set up my own "hedge fund" to trade in these assets ?

Maybe I should be asking this to an immigration consultant rather than post on a trading forum, but would be thankful for any inputs.

UK Govt seems to be offering an entrepreneur visa but don't know how friendly that visa officer will be when I tell him that all I want to do is simply play the UK markets.

At least this is what the rules seem to state:

Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visas are ideal for entrepreneurs with some money to invest in the UK. If you have at least £50,000 to invest, you may be able to apply for this visa. In practice most people who apply will need to have £200,000 of available funds held in a regulated financial institution.
Guldario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2014, 9:53pm   #14
Joined Jun 2005
Cost Kapo

Good article. Wrong website to post on.
Aston1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2014, 12:40am   #15

Joined Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston1st View Post
Cost Kapo

Good article. Wrong website to post on.
I got that sense early
Old Oct 12, 2014, 7:48am   #16
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
hey C

interesting .........but in truth not useful for 99.9999999999999% of T2Win viewers.........how would you trade in that hedge fund ?...............viewers here like to learn how to trade
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote