Looking to rent a desk in London with traders

This is a discussion on Looking to rent a desk in London with traders within the Trading Firms forums, part of the Trading Career category; Hi, I have been trading shares and indices for the past 6 years at a prop firm and I am ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 17, 2014, 9:42am   #1
Joined Nov 2012
Looking to rent a desk in London with traders

Hi,

I have been trading shares and indices for the past 6 years at a prop firm and I am moving to London in the next three weeks. Can anyone point me in the direction of a group of traders renting an office where I can join? I am fully setup already with hardware and accounts. All I need is a desk, an internet connection and cool atmosphere.
roccor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:28pm   #2
Joined Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccor View Post
Hi,

I have been trading shares and indices for the past 6 years at a prop firm and I am moving to London in the next three weeks. Can anyone point me in the direction of a group of traders renting an office where I can join? I am fully setup already with hardware and accounts. All I need is a desk, an internet connection and cool atmosphere.
Search on desk space for the location in London you are interested then tell other traders here where you are. It is much cheaper to go to a desk space company than a prop shop in the City.
Trading Spaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:58pm   #3
Joined Nov 2012
roccor started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trading Spaces View Post
Search on desk space for the location in London you are interested then tell other traders here where you are. It is much cheaper to go to a desk space company than a prop shop in the City.
Thanks for the feedback. As I am new to London, I was hoping to find a group of guys already with space rather than starting on my own but I am open to doing that. I will go the route of desk space as I am fully functional already minus a place to sit.
roccor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:21pm   #4
Joined Jul 2010
Definitely getting out of your home is the way to go. You will meet people who don't trade which is good as traders don't really share. Look at www.rentadesk.co.uk www.easyoffice.co.uk etc. There are plenty of deskspace companies all over London. Where are you?

Last edited by Trading Spaces; Jun 19, 2014 at 8:22pm.
Trading Spaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2014, 10:45pm   #5
Joined May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccor View Post
Hi,

I have been trading shares and indices for the past 6 years at a prop firm and I am moving to London in the next three weeks. Can anyone point me in the direction of a group of traders renting an office where I can join? I am fully setup already with hardware and accounts. All I need is a desk, an internet connection and cool atmosphere.
I am interested in an office share if it is based in the city of london and if we can get a few people involved to keep the monthly cost down. There are cheap places like another poster mentioned (easyoffice.co.uk etc), most of these places are nasty though, some dont even have aircon.

There might be groups of traders already set up given that prop firms usually charge £800pm desk fee+ £800pm software (more if you are spreading) but I dont know any.

pm me if interested.
__________________
never hesitate to take a small loss

Last edited by SpreadDoctor; Jun 20, 2014 at 10:46pm.
SpreadDoctor is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:13am   #6
Joined Nov 2012
roccor started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreadDoctor View Post
I am interested in an office share if it is based in the city of london and if we can get a few people involved to keep the monthly cost down. There are cheap places like another poster mentioned (easyoffice.co.uk etc), most of these places are nasty though, some dont even have aircon.

There might be groups of traders already set up given that prop firms usually charge £800pm desk fee+ £800pm software (more if you are spreading) but I dont know any.

pm me if interested.
Pm sent.

It's looking like finding existing groups that are already setup is harder then I thought. So I think we should start our own. But not in the cheap and nasty.
roccor is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: SpreadDoctor
Old Jun 25, 2014, 7:13am   #7
Joined Aug 2012
Trading floors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccor View Post
Pm sent.

It's looking like finding existing groups that are already setup is harder then I thought. So I think we should start our own. But not in the cheap and nasty.
Look up trading floors on yahoo or google and you will find there is one in Brentwood they appear to charge from about £250-£500 per month to sit.There s a bit more to it than that but have a look.Ok here you go.Forex Trading Floors Craven Gate,Lorne Way, Brentwood.CM14 5HH.Phone 01277 232225.
They use Lmax to trade but i belive you can use your own package.If i lived in London i would try them but i live in Bedford and would not commute.Good luck and please let us know here how you get on.Thanks Mike.P.S i belive they only trade Forex i may be wrong.

Last edited by redtag12; Jun 25, 2014 at 7:18am.
redtag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2014, 3:17pm   #8
Joined Nov 2012
roccor started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtag12 View Post
Look up trading floors on yahoo or google and you will find there is one in Brentwood they appear to charge from about £250-£500 per month to sit.There s a bit more to it than that but have a look.Ok here you go.Forex Trading Floors Craven Gate,Lorne Way, Brentwood.CM14 5HH.Phone 01277 232225.
They use Lmax to trade but i belive you can use your own package.If i lived in London i would try them but i live in Bedford and would not commute.Good luck and please let us know here how you get on.Thanks Mike.P.S i belive they only trade Forex i may be wrong.
Thanks redtag12. I think this is exactly what I'm looking for. I have made arrangements to go see them and i will take a decision from there.
I will keep you guys posted.
roccor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Desk for rent in Mayfair for an FX Trader Nelsamatic Forex 4 Oct 16, 2015 5:49pm
Rent Desk Essex Colchester berisha17 Trading Firms 9 Sep 12, 2014 11:58am
Desk for rent in Mayfair for an FX Trader Nelsamatic Home Trader 2 Aug 8, 2013 3:00am
Rent a desk on a trading floor SHANE KIO Trading Firms 5 Feb 4, 2013 8:08pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)