learning to read price action with p/f charts

This is a discussion on learning to read price action with p/f charts within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by dentist007 tim if you post the screenshot.i would like to see the formation of the "x" and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:36am   #71
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Re: learning to read price action with p/f charts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentist007 View Post
tim
if you post the screenshot.i would like to see the formation of the "x" and o "s
do they form immediatley like that,or do you have to adjust the size of the chart..??
'ere you go.

sample_irt_p-f_chart.png

It's just a very basic chart - no bells or whistles. As I said in my earlier post, the user has the facility to set the chart to a variety of scaling options, one of which is 'automatic scaling with square boxes'. Using the mouse wheel one can then zoom in and out and the boxes remain perfect squares. No adjusting of the chart is necessary. If you're viewing a chart - which let's say has a very large and dramatic move on it - with just one click of the mouse, you can toggle to manual scaling which will enable you to compress the chart down so you can see the whole move. Basically, anything you can think of - you can do with this program! And the range of indicators is second to none.
Tim.
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2010, 5:50pm   #72

Joined Mar 2003

dentist007 started this thread nice charts tim..i owe you a couple of pints of stella
dentist007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2010, 10:23am   #73

Joined Mar 2003

dentist007 started this thread eurusd.10 min data
9 pips by 3 revesal.close
we can see the move down from yesterday.needs to retrace to 3050.ie 50% for any sign of strength to show.otherewise back down we go

Click the image to open in full size.
Old May 11, 2010, 3:26pm   #74

Joined Mar 2003

dentist007 started this thread cable...gbpusd
20 pips by 3 reversal..hilo
10 min data plot..approx 3 weeks of data
some well defined trends
only a small pullback.since we moved into hung parliament territory

Old May 11, 2010, 3:36pm   #75

Joined Mar 2003

dentist007 started this thread eurusd
10 min data
some nasty downside vertical counts
20 pips by 3 hilo

Old May 11, 2010, 3:38pm   #76

Joined Mar 2003

dentist007 started this thread eurusd..10 min data
20 pips by 3 .hilo
some nasty downside vertical counts..black lines

Old May 13, 2010, 3:51pm   #77
Joined Nov 2008

Hi Dentist,

After our last discussion about PnF charts I decided to make use of the 2 weeks trial from Updata to test some PnF with it.

The problem I have with following Du Plessis strategy is that you are buying on a break out. After a breakout you often see a big retracement which not always will come back. What I found out is that you get whipsawed a lot if you keep your stop under the bottom of the pattern you used to enter the trade.

Maybe I am just missing the clue, or missing just that little point to make it profitable using PnF charts. I hope you can point me a little bit in the right direction?

I will post two charts from the same instrument only one with a .25 reversal and the other one from the same data with a .50 reversal. And I hope you are willing to point out a few trades you would have taken, and why you would have taken them?

Anyone else is also aloud to post their opinion

EmotionIsTheBigEvel is offline   Reply With Quote