Bollinger band excel calculation?

This is a discussion on Bollinger band excel calculation? within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Thanks Grey1. You have a point. To be honest, I never realised there was such a thing as VWMA! I'm ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 8, 2004, 11:23pm   #9
BBB

Joined Dec 2003
Thanks Grey1. You have a point. To be honest, I never realised there was such a thing as VWMA! I'm not a massive fan of indicators. I (like to) believe that all I need to know is on a price chart and volume clip (with Bollinger bands to give some additional description sometimes)

My charting app has around 140 indicators on it. 139 of them I never use! VWMA is not one anyway. Maybe it's time to upgrade!!
BBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2004, 3:12pm   #10

Joined Jun 2002
Andy,

Just found this excel prog in my Database.. If you are still keen using the BB then , This is for you ..
Attached Files
File Type: xls sugen_bollinger.xls (419.5 KB, 2058 views)
Grey1 is offline Commercial chat room   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2004, 5:30pm   #11
Joined Jul 2002
andrewh25 started this thread great, thanks for the replies.

A.
andrewh25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2015, 10:33am   #12

1 Posts
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey1 View Post
BBB,

john Bollingerís bands assume data to be stationary .. stock data are of non-stationary type.

Also , his bands does not include Volume in its design and bands solely defined by prices are un reliable as prices can be manipulated ...

Technical analysis has moved on a lot since John developed his bands .. Our community does not seem to want to move on ..

There are far better indicators out there ( TASC ) which can be easily integrated into one's platform to get a better understanding of market behavior and hence his trading ..

Regards
BBB, bollinger bands certainly does have use. I'm no expert on indicators and am a newbie when it comes to trading, but I use BB bands together with another indicator and so far this morning I had 15/16 ITM trades with binary trading.

Maybe older indicators are of more use than we think. Just putting that out there. Peace
Nickachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2016, 11:36am   #13
Joined Oct 2015
Click the image to open in full size.

Gold, Day Chart
I use BB with 17, 1 setting together with EMA 7
When BB 17, 1 walk along with EMA 7
follow the trend, until the price get it BB.

Inside BB is suppose subway, stand away and watch
Only trade with getting outside.

simple rule make easy.
cowbearcar is offline   Reply With Quote