How to predict world events

This is a discussion on How to predict world events within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; I'd go along with that. I'm not one for preaching or teaching. Far better to present information and let others ...

View Poll Results: Can Lord Jamla tell the future??
I am not open minded enough to even consider it 4 36.36%
Maybe, but it's kinda scary to face up to what he predicts 0 0%
He's definitely got a skill, I would be interested to learn more 2 18.18%
No more need for crystal balls, he knows it all. 5 45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 6, 2003, 11:00pm   #8

Joined Nov 2000
I'd go along with that. I'm not one for preaching or teaching. Far better to present information and let others decide for themselves as to its value or relevance. When it all goes pearshaped, you only have yourself to blame. I have said in the past, ( as someone once said to me) don't take my word for it. Prove it for yourself until you know it's right, or otherwise. I would hate to think people took my ideas at face value and acted on them. It's much , much more complicated than I make out, as I'm sure most of you know.....
The views expressed here are my personal views and for your information only. Any expression of likely movement of a share is merely guesswork and is to be treated as such.This information must NOT be used as a basis for making any investment decision.
ChartMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2003, 3:50pm   #9

Joined Jan 2003
LORD JAMLA started this thread The thread was titled 'How to predict world events', which though I have proved on these boards I can do, no-one was prepared to comment on. Most people seem to think I am trying to advertise my seminar, which to me stems from jealousy, since all tickets have been sold, (I have many e-mails of those that I will contact for the winter ones,) and have never given ANY details whatsoever on location, price, content etc etc. It would be totally immoral for me to do so.
As for me paying the website. Well, BB maybe they should pay me? Since, I have raised near 50-60 questions in my posts which have been un-answerable by all. Yet I can answer any question anyone has to raise. My techniques are not typical, they are off the cuff, and you should thank for me for giving you insights into these and arousing debate.
You should read more carefully my posts and see what you can learn, how do I make the breathtakingly accurate predictions? what is this 'truth' I am talking about, am I being cruel or kind when I talk of brainwashed sheep???
In conclusion, Les, I cannot see your point. It seems, on the contrary, that you have not read my post carefully enough. You say clearly trading is an 'IF-THEN process. I say clearly that 80% of the time there are no IF'S in my trading and nor should there be. Plain and simple.
Old May 7, 2003, 4:20pm   #10

Joined Dec 2002
Quote:
You should read more carefully my posts and see what you can learn, how do I make the breathtakingly accurate predictions? what is this 'truth' I am talking about, am I being cruel or kind when I talk of brainwashed sheep???
I'm really not interested in your own opinion about yourself or your methods. Nor you telling me what i should and should not do. I have developed my own style of trading and also been taught to do this by at least one professional trader who has proved himself many times over. I still ask for his opnion nowadays when i need it because my learning is not finished

I do not seek your guidance in matters of trading. Please respect that.

My only reason for responding to you on this thread was because you chose to misquote me from another thread on this board. I have put you straight on this, but you seem to lack the insight or ability to accept it. However that really is your problem, not anyone else's.

Quote:
In conclusion, Les, I cannot see your point.
Yes, exactly - you cannot see. Well put.

Les

Last edited by Les Carlin; May 7, 2003 at 4:28pm.
Les Carlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2003, 4:31pm   #11

Joined Feb 2003
It's always the ones who tell everybody else what to do and what they've done who can't do it themselves.
The real traders just "get on with it".
Every experienced trader knows a "Jamla".
My favourite always had the correct position in the market, whatever the news, and never took a loss. Trouble was, you never saw him take a position!
Funny......he cheated at golf and snooker as well............
Old May 7, 2003, 4:52pm   #12

Joined Jan 2003
LORD JAMLA started this thread Absolutely typical. I expected nothing less to be honest. Every time I have raised questions and comments that other people simply cannot answer nor understand I have been met with distain. No-one can answer my questions so they revert to insults and confrontations to get away from the real subject and avoid themselves any embarrasment. 10 replies... none about the subject. This shows it all to be honest.
Oatman, you accuse me of not being able to do it myself. Well, do you really want me to recall all my posts, compare the time and prices and see what happened??? Shall we do that?? Yes of course, because you don't understand me accuse me of cheating why don't you.
Les - I did not mis-quote you, it's on the other thread for everyone to read. I shan't reply to someone who has to resort to insults and mis-information to back up his arguments. You stick to your ways.
Old May 7, 2003, 5:19pm   #13

Joined Dec 2002
Quote:
Les - I did not mis-quote you, it's on the other thread for everyone to read.
Yes you did. My post on the other thread refers to "if-then" and you turned it into "ifs" and "buts". Here's the quote from mine:

As you suggest, trading is an if-then business and not a guessing game.

And from yours:

There are no rooms for if's and buts when you're trading.

This may sound picky to some, but the difference in context carried an alternative meaning. It was important for me to correct this as i do not appreciate being misquoted and then the misquote being used for another purpose entirely.

And i thnk its about time for: "This correspondence is now closed" (ed)

Cos this argument is becoming a waste of my time.

Les
Les Carlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2003, 5:22pm   #14

Joined Dec 2001
Lord Jamla is the second coming of the Lord. Well at least he seems to think so.

Follow thy Shepherd disciples or rot in hell.

JonnyT

Last edited by JonnyT; May 7, 2003 at 7:49pm.
JonnyT is offline   Reply With Quote