Bryce Gilmore Trade To Win nomenclature question

This is a discussion on Bryce Gilmore Trade To Win nomenclature question within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Hi, probably simple, but I missed it. Bryce in his text frequently uses the "hat" symbol, and I don't understand, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 1, 2018, 9:29am   #1
Joined Sep 2016
Bryce Gilmore Trade To Win nomenclature question

Hi, probably simple, but I missed it. Bryce in his text frequently uses the "hat" symbol, and I don't understand, e.g. 1014^6. The 1014 is the price, but I'm not sure what the 6 is?
No Quarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:23am   #2
Joined May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Quarter View Post
Hi, probably simple, but I missed it. Bryce in his text frequently uses the "hat" symbol, and I don't understand, e.g. 1014^6. The 1014 is the price, but I'm not sure what the 6 is?
I have not studied Bryce Gilmore's work other than knowing that he was into geometry and angles that were popularised by Gann. The story is that the key to unlocking the secrets of Gann was in the scaling factor when applying the methodology of Gann. The scaling factors are unique to the instrument types and that mean the scaling factor for commodities is different to that of indices and to stocks. The hat symbol that you mentioned, I believe is the scaling factor.

Those who know do not speak
Those who speak do not know
Since I have spoken, I do not know
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2018, 2:45pm   #3
Joined May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
I have not studied Bryce Gilmore's work other than knowing that he was into geometry and angles that were popularised by Gann. The story is that the key to unlocking the secrets of Gann was in the scaling factor when applying the methodology of Gann. The scaling factors are unique to the instrument types and that mean the scaling factor for commodities is different to that of indices and to stocks. The hat symbol that you mentioned, I believe is the scaling factor.
Subsequent to my post, I did a quick review of Gilmore's books. In his book "Geometry of markets volume 1" page 73 he did discussed scaling by instruments but that is not consistent with your example. In short, I stand corrected and the hat symbol may mean something else other than scaling.

Those who know do not speak
Those who speak do not know
Since I have spoken, I do not know
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: No Quarter
Old Apr 1, 2018, 5:59pm   #4
Joined Sep 2016
No Quarter started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
Subsequent to my post, I did a quick review of Gilmore's books. In his book "Geometry of markets volume 1" page 73 he did discussed scaling by instruments but that is not consistent with your example. In short, I stand corrected and the hat symbol may mean something else other than scaling.
Well Brumby, thanks for trying :-)
No Quarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2018, 7:08pm   #5
Joined Jan 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Quarter View Post
Ive scanned several instances in the book where he uses the hat, and it seems to me he's using it as a decimal point? e.g. 1014^6=1014.6