Slope & Incline indicators

This is a discussion on Slope & Incline indicators within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Hi ! So i have been trading for couple of months and i am using TA with my trading. There ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:38pm   #1
 
7 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Slope & Incline indicators

Hi !

So i have been trading for couple of months and i am using TA with my trading.
There is one thing i can find tough, it seems that in most cases when uptrend begin there is significant change with the incline exactly like in the added picture.

I have tried to use the Slope indicators but i didn't find anything helpful.

Please advise

THANK YOU !
Attached Thumbnails
upload-106-.png  
Newborn Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:04am   #2
Joined May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newborn Trader View Post
Hi !

So i have been trading for couple of months and i am using TA with my trading.
There is one thing i can find tough, it seems that in most cases when uptrend begin there is significant change with the incline exactly like in the added picture.

I have tried to use the Slope indicators but i didn't find anything helpful.

Please advise

THANK YOU !
The degree of incline already tells you a story. The problem is you are not paying attention to the story.
__________________
_______________


Those who know do not speak
Those who speak do not know
Since I have spoken, I do not know
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2018, 6:42am   #3
 
7 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Newborn Trader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
The degree of incline already tells you a story. The problem is you are not paying attention to the story.


Hi Brumby ,

Its obvious.
Im just looking to find indicator that can point that out so i can alert it in my system.

Thanks for replying
Newborn Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:08am   #4
Joined May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newborn Trader View Post
Hi Brumby ,

Its obvious.
Im just looking to find indicator that can point that out so i can alert it in my system.

Thanks for replying
Good luck then. Let us know when you find one.
__________________
_______________


Those who know do not speak
Those who speak do not know
Since I have spoken, I do not know
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:41am   #5
 
7 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Newborn Trader started this thread Sure thing m8
Newborn Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:00am   #6
 
barjon's Avatar
Joined May 2003
Try this http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trad...roach-sla.html
barjon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:30am   #7
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newborn Trader View Post
Hi !

So i have been trading for couple of months and i am using TA with my trading.
There is one thing i can find tough, it seems that in most cases when uptrend begin there is significant change with the incline exactly like in the added picture.

I have tried to use the Slope indicators but i didn't find anything helpful.

Please advise

THANK YOU !

Most experienced traders are very cautious about acting on what an indicator says. I'd advise the basic rules for judging an indicator are -
Does it tell me something I absolutely have to know before deciding on a trade?
Does the chart already tell me what I have to know, without adding the need for an indicator?

So, what are you trying to achieve?
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:49am   #8
 
7 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Newborn Trader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
Most experienced traders are very cautious about acting on what an indicator says. I'd advise the basic rules for judging an indicator are -
Does it tell me something I absolutely have to know before deciding on a trade?
Does the chart already tell me what I have to know, without adding the need for an indicator?

So, what are you trying to achieve?


Hi Tomorton ,

To be honest im just looking for a quick shortcut, all the up trend have some higher slope than usual if there is any indicator that can confirm this change with the right alert its a pure profit.
Its sounds too easy tough
Newborn Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:40am   #9
 
7 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Newborn Trader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by barjon View Post
Hi Barjon.

I cant find the SLA indicator in Tradingview ,

Any ideas ? maybe different name ?

Thanks a lot !
Newborn Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:46am   #10
 
barjon's Avatar
Joined May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newborn Trader View Post
Hi Barjon.

I cant find the SLA indicator in Tradingview ,

Any ideas ? maybe different name ?

Thanks a lot !
No, it’s not an indicator - just a method using straight lines. Basically using your eyeballs . The thread is worth a read.

Just as an aside there are no “shortcuts” in trading
barjon is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: wackypete2
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:33am   #11
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newborn Trader View Post
Hi Tomorton ,

To be honest im just looking for a quick shortcut, all the up trend have some higher slope than usual if there is any indicator that can confirm this change with the right alert its a pure profit.
Its sounds too easy tough

Actually, the angle of a trendline is determined by the vertical range of the chart display so its not a great distinguishing factor between slopes on different charts. One could look like a really steep uptrend but represents a very poor % increase, and vice versa.

Then again, % increase isn't a great factor either - a 5% increase in a week on one chart could be a colossal move, or just a blip on another.

I'm wondering if change in ATR might be worth looking at?
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:45am   #12
 
7 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Newborn Trader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by barjon View Post
No, it’s not an indicator - just a method using straight lines. Basically using your eyeballs . The thread is worth a read.

Just as an aside there are no “shortcuts” in trading


LOL

WILL DO
Newborn Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:47am   #13
 
7 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Newborn Trader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
Actually, the angle of a trendline is determined by the vertical range of the chart display so its not a great distinguishing factor between slopes on different charts. One could look like a really steep uptrend but represents a very poor % increase, and vice versa.

Then again, % increase isn't a great factor either - a 5% increase in a week on one chart could be a colossal move, or just a blip on another.

I'm wondering if change in ATR might be worth looking at?

Very enlightening !

I will check the ATR as well.
Newborn Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:10pm   #14
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newborn Trader View Post
Hi !

So i have been trading for couple of months and i am using TA with my trading.
There is one thing i can find tough, it seems that in most cases when uptrend begin there is significant change with the incline exactly like in the added picture.

I have tried to use the Slope indicators but i didn't find anything helpful.

Please advise

THANK YOU !
I love how the newbie after 2 months sees the market as some dumb animal that trends in a straight line as predicted by an indicator.

What source of wisdom has instilled this fantasy my friend?
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
metastock and slope darth trader Trading Software 2 Dec 6, 2013 9:04am
Slope Of Vol Skew JEBUMP First Steps 0 May 18, 2010 6:01pm
MT4 slope indicator carlos b Trading Software 1 Jun 25, 2009 8:43pm
Article: The Markets Slippery Slope T2W Bot Educational Resources 0 Feb 4, 2008 12:00am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)