Alarms, free, where?

This is a discussion on Alarms, free, where? within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; HI, I'd like to have alarms on DAX and DOW, when it starts so move fast. E.g. if it moves ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:54am   #1
Joined Sep 2016
Alarms, free, where?

HI, I'd like to have alarms on DAX and DOW, when it starts so move fast. E.g. if it moves a certain percentage after a certain number of bars. Tradingview has something like it, but want money, any free suggestions? Preferably with SMS info?

Thanks
No Quarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:10pm   #2
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
SMS + free doesn't exist.
FXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:19pm   #3
Joined Sep 2016
No Quarter started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
SMS + free doesn't exist.
OK, understood. Free+mail then?

Thanks
No Quarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2018, 4:21pm   #4
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
You will need to write an EA that calculates the velocity and emails when the threshold is reached. You can source someone or a site(they exist) that write this for you. You would then need to either have a pc running 24/5 or you can host it in the cloud. You can use GMAIL smtp or other free servers out there.
FXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:02pm   #5

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Quarter View Post
HI, I'd like to have alarms on DAX and DOW, when it starts so move fast. E.g. if it moves a certain percentage after a certain number of bars. Tradingview has something like it, but want money, any free suggestions? Preferably with SMS info?

Thanks
MT4 alert via push notification to your mobile = free

Last edited by darktone; Jan 3, 2018 at 6:12pm.
darktone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:50pm   #6

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Quarter View Post

Thanks
In treading view you can submit an alert to email for free, so instead of email you might have an alias from your phone company, that redirects to your phone or you can create one for yourself like 1112345678@txt.compnay.com

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote