Why did the price not go lower?

This is a discussion on Why did the price not go lower? within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by clarkeharry Accepted. But the prices should have corrected before going up. I expected the prices to go ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:55am   #9
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkeharry View Post
Accepted. But the prices should have corrected before going up. I expected the prices to go down to the middle of the candle before going up.
Did your shop tell you that ? I wouldn't believe anything they say.

Maybe you need to talk to barjon. I heard he has some experience with big candles and knows how they work.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:26am   #10
Joined May 2012
Quote:
Yeah, the first candle is a sign of real demand. But the second is not. Thats why the prices should go down a bit. But they never retrace, never correct on so low volume but continues upwards.
Each price action bar tells a story. Our job as trader is to interpret price action and understand what is going on with demand and supply. We know that the second bar gapped down after many days of corrective down days. There are usually two ways to interpret a WRB following a series of down days. It is either a continuation bar or an exhaustion bar. The fact that it initially gapped down suggest that there were willing sellers eager to get out. The fact that there was little follow through following the initial gap would suggest that aside from the initial sellers there were no other willing sellers who shared the same view. As such there was exhaustion of sellers. In trading stocks, the universal view is that when a stock stops going down is because it has run out of willing sellers. When you have a major gap down with no follow through, professional players see it as a buy opportunity. Since the initial sellers were gone from the initial gap down volume, it doesn't require a lot of volume to get the stock back up.
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:40am   #11
Joined Sep 2010
You sound like you're surprised, like you were certain it would go down a bit?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:13pm   #12

Joined Aug 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
Each price action bar tells a story. Our job as trader is to interpret price action and understand what is going on with demand and supply. We know that the second bar gapped down after many days of corrective down days. There are usually two ways to interpret a WRB following a series of down days. It is either a continuation bar or an exhaustion bar. The fact that it initially gapped down suggest that there were willing sellers eager to get out. The fact that there was little follow through following the initial gap would suggest that aside from the initial sellers there were no other willing sellers who shared the same view. As such there was exhaustion of sellers. In trading stocks, the universal view is that when a stock stops going down is because it has run out of willing sellers. When you have a major gap down with no follow through, professional players see it as a buy opportunity. Since the initial sellers were gone from the initial gap down volume, it doesn't require a lot of volume to get the stock back up.
Brumby is correct, though the action has nothing to do with candles per se since candles are nothing more than a means of illustration. If you don't understand what he's saying, look at much smaller candles to see what's going on "inside" your long candles.

Quote:
Yeah, the first candle is a sign of real demand. But the second is not. Thats why the prices should go down a bit. But they never retrace, never correct on so low volume but continues upwards.
Actually the second is just as much a sign of "real demand" as the first. "Real demand" is reflected in the fact that price rises. The volume illustrates the lack of selling pressure in the second instance, which is why buyers are able to move price with so little resistance, i.e., so little volume.

If you're interested in price and volume and relationship between each, see this post and as many following as interest you.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 1:54pm   #13
Joined Jul 2004
all i see is a tall green candle in an uptrend

why would anyone want to sell at that time?
kalott is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: tomorton
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:02pm   #14

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Hi,
I want to know why did the price not go lower after the second long green candle. Just look at the first long green candle which is on a huge volume. However on the second green candle the volume is too less. I expected there were only a few buyers and the prices would correct themselves if not fall. Suppose one shorted the stock but the prices went from 435 to 495. Going just by price and volume why
did this happen?
Please see the attached pic.
Stock : Bharat Forge
Trading on NSE
I still haven't figured how to use those VOL BARS at bottom of the chart. Those are useless for me, don't see ANY correlation at all