Never trade against the Trend ?

This is a discussion on Never trade against the Trend ? within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by cbrads Interesting charts Dinos, what are we actually looking at indicator wise? I'm guessing HA bars and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:25pm   #17

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrads View Post
Interesting charts Dinos, what are we actually looking at indicator wise? I'm guessing HA bars and a coloured zone between 2 MA's?
Correct HA bars, chart is PA from 3 time frames slow, medium and fast, PRT wrote me a bespoke set up, that allows me to select the upper and lower time frames and set as a zone, trading off the HA candles is the medium PA, into the zone where both the slower and faster PA is established. Pattern trading the HA is a critical component. Hope that makes sense.
Dinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: cbrads
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:27pm   #18

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
Dino, a change of HA candle color can show up anywhere only to be followed by a return to previous color, and trend. I don't see the reliable entry in those charts you posted? Would you clarify to this dummy?
With all due respect, No, please read up on HA candles and their operation, ther's plenty of info on the net.
Dinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: neil
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:27pm   #19
Joined Aug 2017
That said, the trend is your friend until it is the end is my motto.
wisefoolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:29pm   #20
Joined Aug 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinos View Post
Using the above Jo, the USD?JPN you traded, green arrow (notice the pattern) where an entry long should have being taken, the red arrow is where you went short.
Gosh , that is a dumb place to go short , I mean if you're trading withoout a stoploss then your at least your entry points have got to be sharp.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:32pm   #21

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
With all due respect, No, please read up on HA candles and their operation, ther's plenty of info on the net.
ok, fair enough. you use them in the conventional manner then i assume?

i WILL review this. thx for bringing to my attention anew
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:35pm   #22

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisefoolx View Post
Gosh , that is a dumb place to go short , I mean if you're trading withoout a stoploss then your at least your entry points have got to be sharp.
Not so much, you just need to know how to trade. Joe dunno how to trade
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:42pm   #23

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Correct HA bars, chart is PA from 3 time frames slow, medium and fast, PRT wrote me a bespoke set up, that allows me to select the upper and lower time frames and set as a zone, trading off the HA candles is the medium PA, into the zone where both the slower and faster PA is established. Pattern trading the HA is a critical component. Hope that makes sense.
Are you always trading the green / red Dinos? Or do you look to position in the opposite colour on smaller time frames in the direction of the primary trend? If that makes sense lol
Old Sep 20, 2017, 3:11pm   #24
Joined Aug 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktone View Post
Not so much, you just need to know how to trade. Joe dunno how to trade
To each his own, but second bit is true