Never trade against the Trend ?

This is a discussion on Never trade against the Trend ? within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe no results could be reproduced by people using the same strategy. So he contradicts himself with ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:41pm   #9

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
no results could be reproduced by people using the same strategy. So he contradicts himself with regard to science.
Really? are you sure, spot the repetitious PA pattern?, whoops, it shouldn't happen, but a reality check for you Joe, it does, you just need to know what you are doing backed up by 15 years full time experience as a trader.
Attached Thumbnails
t2w.png  
Dinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:47pm   #10

Joined Nov 2003
Using the above Jo, the USD?JPN you traded, green arrow (notice the pattern) where an entry long should have being taken, the red arrow is where you went short.
Attached Thumbnails
usdjpn.png  
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:56pm   #11

Joined Nov 2003
Jo, you said it can't happen, whoops, happening right now on EURUSD and USDCAD, spot the pattern
Attached Thumbnails
eurusd.png   usdcad.png  
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:02pm   #12

Joined Mar 2014
Interesting charts Dinos, what are we actually looking at indicator wise? I'm guessing HA bars and a coloured zone between 2 MA's?
cbrads is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: piphoe
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:10pm   #13

Joined Nov 2003
Upgrade perhaps?
Click the image to open in full size.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:23pm   #14

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinos View Post
Jo, you said it can't happen, whoops, happening right now on EURUSD and USDCAD, spot the pattern
Dino, a change of HA candle color can show up anywhere only to be followed by a return to previous color, and trend. I don't see the reliable entry in those charts you posted? Would you clarify to this dummy?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:24pm   #15
Joined Aug 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinos View Post
Exactly, that's why it is amateur stuff.
wisefoolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:25pm   #16
Joined Aug 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktone View Post
Upgrade perhaps?
Click the image to open in full size.
He's a newbie trader and probably doesn't even have GCSE maths, that's why he's scared of TA.
wisefoolx is offline   Reply With Quote