Trend Direction Question for a newb, Please Help

This is a discussion on Trend Direction Question for a newb, Please Help within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by foroom lluzers Isn't it dumb , you have nice trend set up on dax , and you ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:43pm   #25
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
Isn't it dumb , you have nice trend set up on dax , and you don't trade trends?You should buy a trend trading course and learn trend trading.
That's because they already know the moment they put in a trade, the trend will change on them, and they don't know why.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:50pm   #26
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
That's because they already know the moment they put in a trade, the trend will change on them, and they don't know why.
He is human , i tink he is lying to himself again .

Here he claims not to have any feelings ,and claims he don't have a brain that thinks!

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/psyc...ml#post2394250
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:07pm   #27

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpark0912 View Post
Hello All,

I am new to trading and had a question on determining the trend to trade with., I attached a picture and as you can see it looks like there was a trend up for a while and then looked to turn down. The OVERALL trend still looks up to me but when we place trades would we go with the longer looking up trend or more current down trend?

Thanks in Advance
-CP
You can measure trend in all sorts of ways. Trendlines / channels / swing high - lows / MAs / HA candles / bar breaks - counts yada yada yada, the list is endless! There is no one correct to measure trend.

If you want to make any real money in this game without being too risky, you have to at least in some part fade 'a' trend, you have to seek value in some way. This means giving up the psychological comfort of price confirmation for value. You need to be getting involved in these areas being respectful of risk.

Click the image to open in full size.

Theres all sorts of ways you can do that, theres the good the bad and the fugly. It doesnt really matter how you do it, but the more exposure you can secure at favourable prices, the bigger your window for profit will be. It can be done

Click the image to open in full size.

-------------------------

One other tip. Dont pay too much attention to Enlightened foroom bellends
darktone is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: tomorton , dbphoenix
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:10pm   #28

Joined May 2003
You two, fl and ej, have fouled T2W like sh*it on a blanket and what you have to say has as much value as a bucketload of the stinking stuff. I dare say you're real proud of yourselves.
barjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: sminicooper , IceMan , tomorton , SteamRoller
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:31pm   #29
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by barjon View Post
You two, fl and ej, have fouled T2W like sh*it on a blanket and what you have to say has as much value as a bucketload of the stinking stuff. I dare say you're real proud of yourselves.
Not sure why are you getting all excited. Would you like to demonstrate for the curve fitters ? No one else dares.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:37pm   #30

Joined May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
Not sure why are you getting all excited. Would you like to demonstrate for the curve fitters ? No one else dares.
You mean curve fitters like those in Market Wizards who are recognised as some of the most successful and best traders in the world? Nor can I see any of them holding open ended shorts for the sake of a tiny bit of overnight carry either.
barjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: darktone
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:44pm   #31
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
You mean curve fitters like those in Market Wizards who are recognised as some of the most successful and best traders in the world? Nor can I see any of them holding open ended shorts for the sake of a tiny bit of overnight carry either.
Would any of those people you mentioned cares to come here to demonstrate how it's done ? If not then that leaves just you. I know of no other curve fitter brave enough.

You obviously don't read that book. That author always tries to convince people there is no single way. If you don't like my way, let's see what you have got.

Last edited by EnlightenedJoe; Aug 16, 2017 at 3:50pm.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:47pm   #32
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
The trading industry tries to hide the losses of Mr trend Trader Richard Dennis . in today's terms they amount to almost $600m. He even failed to follow his own rules and had to be sued.

We can debate this as long as you like , but please talk about hiding losses of your gurus first.
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote