Trend Direction Question for a newb, Please Help

This is a discussion on Trend Direction Question for a newb, Please Help within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by cbrads Why are you still quoting this figure? You were given an opportunity to explain and expand ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:19am   #9
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrads View Post
Why are you still quoting this figure?

You were given an opportunity to explain and expand on how you arrived at this figure and you failed miserably!

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tech...0-succeed.html

Please stop peddling your rubbish, especially to newbies.
Thank you team!

The team is trying to promote trend trading in hindsight.
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:28am   #10

Joined Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
Thank you team!

The team is trying to promote trend trading in hindsight.
Don't try and deflect attention, you have been repeatedly exposed as a charlatan and a buffoon. The OP asked a specific question in relation to defining trends and I answered him specifically. At no point did I 'promote trend trading in hindsight'. If I did, please show me where.
cbrads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:35am   #11
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Don't try and deflect attention, you have repeatedly be exposed as a charlatan and a buffoon. The OP asked a specific question in relation to defining trends and I answered him specifically. At no point did I 'promote trend trading in hindsight'. If I did, please show me where.
In this thread , you drew subjective trend lines after the event , that is called hindsight education.

All you hindsight trend traders are asked to show a journal of live advance calls on trends set ups , but none of you can or want to do it.

Absolute rubbish!

You don't even know what you are talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
clipboard01.jpg  

Last edited by foroom lluzers; Aug 16, 2017 at 10:42am.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:46am   #12

Joined Mar 2014
Quote:
In this thread , you drew subjective trend lines after the event , that is called hindsight education.

All you hindsight trend traders are asked to show a journal of live advance calls on trends set ups , but none of you can or want to do it.
Well, we'll let the OP be the judge of that and don't get me started on your 'live advance calls'
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:49am   #13
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Well, we'll let the OP be the judge of that and don't get me started on your 'live advance calls'
His calls are live for sure, but not very advanced, more resembling gambling.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:50am   #14

Joined Mar 2014
Quote:

Absolute rubbish!

You don't even know what you are talking about.
You've just drawn 'subjective trend lines after the event', You are 'promoting trend trading in hindsight'. You are a hypocrite, shame on you
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:53am   #15
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpark0912 View Post
Hello All,

I am new to trading and had a question on determining the trend to trade with., I attached a picture and as you can see it looks like there was a trend up for a while and then looked to turn down. The OVERALL trend still looks up to me but when we place trades would we go with the longer looking up trend or more current down trend?

Thanks in Advance
-CP

A common way to confirm a trend is in place is to use moving averages. A longer period EMA confirms a longer-term trend, a shorter period EMA confirms a short-term trend. Also, use two EMA's - if the shorter is above the longer, the trend is very probably up. Note that each can be in opposite directions.

e.g. price is above upwards sloping 200EMA confirm long-term uptrend; 20EMA above the 50EMA to confirm short-term uptrend.

You can trade against one of the trends but this is higher risk, as your trade might look like it has good prospects on one view, but is about to run into resistance on the other. Trying to pick top or bottom reversal points so that you can trade against both/all currently active trends is very difficult and high risk.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:47am   #16
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
You've just drawn 'subjective trend lines after the event', You are 'promoting trend trading in hindsight'. You are a hypocrite, shame on you
You want noobs to follow your post rather than my criticism of your post?

Change your signature to

Mr trend trader Dennis withdrew from such capital management in the spring of 1988 after his clients suffered losses of$60 million reportedly lost in 1987–1988.

I suggest you lot stop peddling this trend trading crap.