Is the concept of momentum and trend trading flawed?

This is a discussion on Is the concept of momentum and trend trading flawed? within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe But it's very easy for you to tell none of us suffers from psychology problem. We ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:52pm   #57
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
But it's very easy for you to tell none of us suffers from psychology problem. We hardly mention the word.
How can the hindsight trends club suffer anything , if they only trade it in hindsight.Most trends are only visible in hindsight the ones that materialized , the ones that broke down at support or resistance never were trends.
Attached Thumbnails
hindsight.gif   hind.jpg  
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:55pm   #58
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
How can the hindsight trends club suffer anything , if they only trade it in hindsight.Most trends are only visible in hindsight the ones that materialized , the ones that broke down at support or resistance never were trends.
No use telling me. I don't do trends, psychology or anything else. I just coat tail merchants only. If merchants tell people to buy while they sell, I sell.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:04pm   #59
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
No use telling me. I don't do trends, psychology or anything else. I just coat tail merchants only. If merchants tell people to buy while they sell, I sell.
But you can see these merchants gathering at trendlines and support /resistance areas.Do you know what merchants these areas represent?Blue lines are merchants's gathering areas , red are selling areas
Attached Thumbnails
clipboard01.jpg  
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:10pm   #60
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
But you can see these merchants gathering at trendlines and support /resistance areas.Do you know what merchants these areas represent?Blue lines are merchants's gathering areas , red are selling areas
No I can't see any merchants there. Merchants often go on the news to advertise their warez. They don't care about charts or support and resistance. All they care about is money as represented by positions.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:16pm   #61
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
No I can't see any merchants there. Merchants often go on the news to advertise their warez. They don't care about charts or support and resistance. All they care about is money as represented by positions.
In forex volume is impossible to see , in stock markets positions are represented by blue /red lines.Are you blind?
Attached Thumbnails
blind-skeleton.gif  
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:25pm   #62
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
In forex volume is impossible to see , in stock markets positions are represented by blue /red lines.Are you blind?
If it works for you, why not ? But your bad psychology will give it all up. So not sure why you bother.