Trend trading failure of trend breakouts

This is a discussion on Trend trading failure of trend breakouts within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Trends reversing is not a problem when you trade the proper instruments and have a long/short strategy with a good ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:25pm   #17
Joined May 2013
Trends reversing is not a problem when you trade the proper instruments and have a long/short strategy with a good entry and exit signal. It is better to view trend-following as an asset class. Here is an article about trend-following in forex from a well-known expert and quant. The idea is to limit losses during choppy markets but then make it big during trend markets. Trend-following cannot generate constant profits.
Solas0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:44pm   #18
Joined Apr 2017
foroom lluzers started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solas0077 View Post
Trends reversing is not a problem when you trade the proper instruments and have a long/short strategy with a good entry and exit signal. It is better to view trend-following as an asset class. Here is an article about trend-following in forex from a well-known expert and quant. The idea is to limit losses during choppy markets but then make it big during trend markets. Trend-following cannot generate constant profits.
I did a lot of backtests on trend following on fx ,results were poor.
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:23pm   #19
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solas0077 View Post

Not constant, no, - but consistent, and with the regular opportunity for out-performance.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:35pm   #20
Joined Apr 2017
foroom lluzers started this thread one more failure
Attached Thumbnails
clipboard01.jpg  
Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:21pm   #21
Joined Oct 2008
Off topic
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2017, 9:25pm   #22
Joined Apr 2017
foroom lluzers started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrads View Post
Interesting, frying pan, map reading and psychology with flared trousers and trend. Blind dogs leading deaf cats 80% of the time. Also fish on Friday but not for traders who stand on one leg. I think?
Blind dogs leading deaf cats 80% of the time.true
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:16pm   #23

Joined Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
Blind dogs leading deaf cats 80% of the time.true
I'm glad we agree on something, but nobody likes a goose with pink feathers
cbrads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:17am   #24
Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
one more failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason101 View Post
Off topic
Off topic because I would consider myself as a trend follower, but I would not have taken any trades from your posted chart.
So this whole conversation is slanted with your preconceptions.

Last edited by Jason101; Jun 22, 2017 at 9:09am.
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote