Master The Markets PDF ebook

This is a discussion on Master The Markets PDF ebook within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; http://www.trade2win.com/boards/pric...adeguider.html...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 12, 2008, 1:49pm   #17
TWI

Joined Jan 2004
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/pric...adeguider.html
Old Apr 14, 2008, 7:22am   #18
Joined Aug 2005
thanks chaps. Having scanned through it now: i actually think its more interesting than i expected. Its always good to know other peoples trading strategies, i'm not an original thinker so a little bit of this and a little bit of that can give me the security (all be it a false sense of) that i have an edge a reason to get in or out of a trade.
sqky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2008, 2:27pm   #19

Joined Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqky View Post
thanks chaps. Having scanned through it now: i actually think its more interesting than i expected. Its always good to know other peoples trading strategies, i'm not an original thinker so a little bit of this and a little bit of that can give me the security (all be it a false sense of) that i have an edge a reason to get in or out of a trade.
sqky,

FWIW I stumbled upon this book about 18 months ago, to say it changed the way I trade would be an understatement.

My advice about strategies would be to devise your own. Sure take a look at other peoples, but be aware their strategies work for them because it fits their whole trading setup i.e entry/exit/psychology etc. When you develop your own strategy you're developing part of yourself. I've spent many many hours researching setups and £0000,s of pounds on software. the best sytem I have is my own and all it cost me was my time to understand how the markets work and how to trade them. The book you've just received will help you.

good luck
Slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2008, 2:36pm   #20
Joined Aug 2005
Thanks Slapshot,

I'm not interested in reading these books to recreate their trading strategies. I like reading them to understand how other people trade and maybe take a snipet of what/how or why and see how that can apply to my attitude.......increase awareness of the bigger picture shall we say. By doing this i have completely changed my atitude to trading. When i first became a local trading on screens, i did ok at calling the market, this gave me the false sense that i'm doing well and it is easy. I just need to up my size! Its not until i started reading about trading that i appreciated money management, position sizing, and patience.
sqky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2008, 2:43pm   #21

Joined Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqky View Post
patience.

I cannot stress enough how important this is. Equally important is pulling the trigger when your setup appears on the chart, without hesitation.
Slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 8:38am   #22

2 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Here's a link.

Incredible Charts: Reviews: Master the markets
SmogIndicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Bladerunner
Old Sep 18, 2010, 10:43am   #23

Joined Apr 2009
Re: Master The Markets PDF ebook

A 2 second search on Google brought up a direct link to the PDF as the first result, (although to be fair, I am posting just over two years later than than the original discussion)...

My question is, should I read "The Undeclared Secrets That Drive The Stock Market" TW's earlier version or "Master The Markets" the most recent version? Is there any discernible benefit to reading the latter?

Firstly, Undeclared Secrets is about 50 pages shorter and since it's likely to require a couple of reads, and secondly, I've heard that there is quite a heavy selling bias in Master The Markets for the Tradeguider software, which I'm not interested in...

Thanks, Jon
jon1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2010, 11:13am   #24

2 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Re: Master The Markets PDF ebook

Jon1971
The link was really just too give people access to a copy of "Master the Markets" for free.

However you are correct there is a lot of selling the tradeguider system in it, but it also has quite a lot of information, on a method, of how to read the market. Section 5 can be completely ignored if you don't have the software.

As for the other text "The Undeclared Secrets That Drive The Stock Market", I can't comment as I have not read it.

My suggestion would be to have a look at "Master the Markets" as it is free anyway, but if you find the bulk of the information in the other text, ignore MTM.

Hope this helps
SmogIndicator is offline   Reply With Quote