Pivot Points

This is a discussion on Pivot Points within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by Chicken Curry It would have been better if he had been arrested and charged with something. I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 19, 2006, 10:07am   #11

Joined Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Curry
It would have been better if he had been arrested and charged with something.

I am in two minds about Cheney.
YES, he pulled the trigger, although "It wasnt Harrys fault" ( for being in the way of his gun )

BUT, he did shoot a LAWYER.
# Defeat is temporary. Giving up makes it permanent. Anon
trendie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 3:12pm   #12
Joined Oct 2005
Chicken Curry started this thread In that case he had good cause.

Pity it wasn't a DENTIST
Chicken Curry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 4:05pm   #13
Joined Jul 2003
Friendly Fire.

Can't take a joke? Shouldn't have joined...

I do hear Cheyney's gun dog has put in an order for a labrador-sized Kevlar vest though. Smart dog. (Maybe he should run for President....Make a change for the dog to wag the tail)
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 8:51pm   #14

Joined Nov 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmc
thnx ddmc for a great site.....lot of info
thnx again
blewoutmyaccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 12:36pm   #15
Joined Jan 2006
I'm looking to position trade for a few days to weeks at a time rather than day trade. I was wondering if pivot points are useful for this type of trading?

Cheers,
PKFFW
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 1:42pm   #16
Joined Jul 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW
I'm looking to position trade for a few days to weeks at a time rather than day trade. I was wondering if pivot points are useful for this type of trading?
You'll find pivots in every timeframe.

The most powerful are those where there is confirmation from more than one timeframe for the same levels.
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 1:43pm   #17

Joined Aug 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW

Cheers,
PKFFW
What exactly do you mean by "position" trade? Are you thinking of swing trading instead? Or, to make it simpler, what is it that you're looking for in a trade? What is it that you want to accomplish?
dbphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 2:01pm   #18
Joined Dec 2003
"what is it that you're looking for in a trade? What is it that you want to accomplish" ..more return for less risk
Old Mar 9, 2006, 2:07pm   #19

Joined Aug 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by chump
"what is it that you're looking for in a trade? What is it that you want to accomplish" ..more return for less risk
Always. However, he's relatively new to this, and people tend to rush in to answer these questions without knowing just what it is that the person is asking.
dbphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:31am   #20
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphoenix
What exactly do you mean by "position" trade? Are you thinking of swing trading instead? Or, to make it simpler, what is it that you're looking for in a trade? What is it that you want to accomplish?
By position trade I mean checking my charts on a daily basis, making my decisions based on those charts, taking any trades signalled and then leaving it till the next day. Next day I repeat the process, should my system say to leave the trade open, I do so, and should it say close it out I do that. I'm happy to leave a trade open for any length of time based on my system.

What am I looking for in a trade? Profit! hahah. More seriously, I recently purchased the "Principles of Profit" course done by aussietrader. Makes alot of sense to me as a good place to start and I'm trying to follow it as exactly as I can. It is a more medium to long term strategy using bollinger bands with a 40 dma as it's basic set up. So I'm looking for any trades that meet the criteria.

I ask about pivot points because whilst I'm using the above mentioned system to build capital I'm also trying to learn as much as I can about forex with the intention of trying to do more short term 1 or 2 day or even intraday forex trading to increase my profits. At present I'm just learning and practicing with a demo account and know very little about it.

Cheers,
PKFFW
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote