Simplest/Cheapest Java API/Broker for automated trading?

This is a discussion on Simplest/Cheapest Java API/Broker for automated trading? within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; I am brand new to trading, but I am interested in building an automated trading system in Java, and I've ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 11, 2014, 8:50pm   #1

1 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Simplest/Cheapest Java API/Broker for automated trading?

I am brand new to trading, but I am interested in building an automated trading system in Java, and I've seen that certain brokers have APIs. I am looking for the simplest, but mostly the cheapest system that has a Java API. A manual interface is not needed, although I guess it could be useful occasionally. Are brokers strictly necessary for easy trading? I've looked at several brokers and they seem to be full of non-transparent fees, and I need almost none of what they provide (I don't need their data, advisors, etc.; a visual summary of gains, losses, etc. might be nice but not necessary).

Thank you for your help!
Kafe is offline   Reply With Quote