is the Elliot Wave Oscillator the same as the OsMA

This is a discussion on is the Elliot Wave Oscillator the same as the OsMA within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Platform: NetDania NetDania doesn't seem to have the OsMA. i looked through the studies and the only thing they have ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 19, 2012, 9:43pm   #1
Joined Aug 2012
is the Elliot Wave Oscillator the same as the OsMA

Platform: NetDania

NetDania doesn't seem to have the OsMA. i looked through the studies and the only thing they have that looks similar to the OsMA is the MACD and Elliot Wave Osc..

I just finished reading citadel markets binary options book and the OsMA is what they use for their strategy. However they are using Meta4 and i don't want to use that platform.

Last edited by dotcom; Sep 19, 2012 at 10:03pm.
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2012, 4:57pm   #2
Joined Oct 2012
Re: is the Elliot Wave Oscillator the same as the OsMA

OsMA is MACD Histogram, new short name for something that was around for many years. It is difference between MACD and MA applied to MACD.

You do not need Meta4 to ave this indicator. Most of the chart providers will give you this oscillation under "MACD Histogram" name.

For me the problem with this indicator is the lag, plus it constantly needed to be adjusted as trend changes its behaviour (volatility changes).

Good luck, try it first
Vicorka is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote