Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

This is a discussion on Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by isatrader ...EUR/AUD forex pair. On the monthly it's been in Stage 4 for the last few years. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 14, 2011, 8:43am   #145
Joined Aug 2005
Re: EURAUD Stage Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by isatrader View Post
...EUR/AUD forex pair.

On the monthly it's been in Stage 4 for the last few years. The weekly is in Stage 1 and near the low of the range, and on the daily it has broken it's trendline today after a big down move this week. As the move has been so big I'm going to watch to see what the reaction back up is first before taking a position as the 30 day MA is a long way behind at 1.3472 currently. But it looks like it might give a weekly stage 4 continuation signal by breaking below 1.29 soon.
Yes, it has stopped its higher lows and this now looks as if the next bit of bad news will knock it down.
EURAUD 2 yr Weekly
Would you not look at this, not as a monthly, but simply as a weekly, so, until the break occurs, you can't be sure if it is a proper Stage 1 or a continuation break of a bear flag within Stage 4.
lplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:49am   #146

Joined Oct 2010
Re: EURAUD Stage Analysis

isatrader started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by lplate View Post
Yes, it has stopped its higher lows and this now looks as if the next bit of bad news will knock it down.
EURAUD 2 yr Weekly
Would you not look at this, not as a monthly, but simply as a weekly, so, until the break occurs, you can't be sure if it is a proper Stage 1 or a continuation break of a bear flag within Stage 4.
Yep it certainly looks interesting at this point, but I'm already in the euro short trade as I took the GBPEUR long I talked about at 1.1636 on 27/11, so I don't want anymore exposure at the moment.

The EURAUD looks very close the breaking down as well, but the EURUSD is very close to major support levels and people might start lightening up their positions as they go on Christmas break, so that is the key chart to watch imo. As if that holds support then we'll get a bounce in all risk assets.
Attached Thumbnails
euraud_daily_13_12_11.png  

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill – Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
isatrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:23pm   #147

Joined Oct 2010
Re: Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

isatrader started this thread Looks like Silver is finally breaking down into the Stage 4 continuation below $30. I've got an initial target of 26.5 on this one.
Attached Thumbnails
si_weekly_14_12_11.png  

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill – Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 3:14pm   #148

Joined Oct 2010

isatrader started this thread China Shanghai Composite Index (^SSEC)

I've been watching this one for a while and they just reminded me on the tv about it. The Shanghai Composite is very important for commodities especially copper, which in turn affects our markets. It broke a key level on Monday and is now at the beginning of a new Stage 4 continuation. Not a good sign for the rest of the world.
Attached Thumbnails
ssec_weekly_13_12_11.png   ssec_monthly_13_12_11.png  

Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:57pm   #149

Joined Oct 2010

isatrader started this thread Copper (HG) was largely ignored today in the media in favour of other commodities such as Gold and Oil, which had big moves. However, Copper also made a Stage 4 continuation breakdown and as you can see on the daily chart attached it looks like it could test the $3 level again.
Attached Thumbnails
hg_weekly_14_12_11.png  

Old Dec 15, 2011, 9:08am   #150

Joined Oct 2010

isatrader started this thread Brown-Forman Corp B (BF-B) made a Stage 2 continuation breakout last week. Relative performance versus the market and it's sector is good and it's volume is increasing. Watch for a pullback to support at $77.50 or a new break above $81.50
Attached Thumbnails
bf-b_weekly1_14_12_11.png   bf-b_weekly1_rs_14_12_11.png  

Last edited by isatrader; Dec 15, 2011 at 6:51pm.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 9:20am   #151

Joined Oct 2010
US Industry Sectors

isatrader started this thread US Industry Sectors chart attached
Attached Thumbnails
us_industry_sectors_14_12_11.png  

Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:49pm   #152

Joined Oct 2010
DUK - Duke Energy

isatrader started this thread Duke Energy (DUK) made a 4 year high closing 0.2 above it's recent high at 21.04 today.

The all time high is at 21.30 in 2007 and the initial Stage 2 breakout was in September, but if it can close this week above 21.02 then that should be good confirmation that the Stage 2 rally is continuing into it's next phase for the time being and that it could break out to new all time highs.

XLU (Utilities) is the strongest industry sector currently and the ^DJUSMU (Dow Jones US Multiutilities Index) is tracking fairly closely with the S&P 500 at the moment. DUK is outperforming both it's industry sector and sub-sector and the volume has had a significant increase since the Stage 2 breakout in September. So I'm going ot be watching this one closely tomorrow and will likely take a position if it looks like it will close the week above 21.02

Attached is my charts
Attached Thumbnails
duk_weekly_15_12_11.png   duk_weekly_rs_15_12_11.png   duk_monthly_15_12_11.png