Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis

This is a discussion on Stan Weinstein's Stage Analysis within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Overview charts of the Major US Stock Indexes - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500 & DJIA plus the US Bullish Percent ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 27, 2016, 11:02am   #1137

Joined Oct 2010
Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500 & DJIA

isatrader started this thread Overview charts of the Major US Stock Indexes - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500 & DJIA plus the US Bullish Percent and Moving Average Breadth.

New highs in the S&P 500, Nasdaq Composite and Dow, but the NYSE is lagging, but close to a potential continuation attempt.
Attached Thumbnails
nya_w_25-11-16.png   compq_w_25-11-16.png   spx_w_25-11-16.png  

indu_w_25-11-16.png  

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill – Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
isatrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2016, 11:03am   #1138

Joined Oct 2010
US New Highs New Lows Charts

isatrader started this thread Attached is the NYSE and US New Highs / New Lows charts

Note: the US 5 day New Highs / New Lows chart had it's strongest week all year.
Attached Thumbnails
nyhl_d_25-11-16.png   nahl_d_25-11-16.png   ushl5_w_25-11-16.png  

ushl_cum_25-11-16.png  

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill – Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:59am   #1139

2 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
Weekly or Weekly AND Daily?

Hi everyone,
being a newbie on this forum, please be patient with my very basic question...
I've read the Weinstein's book and I'm going to read his interview to better understand his strategy. But I can't find a clue regarding the need to use both weekly and daily charts to operate in the markets. In the book, it seems he always refers to weekly charts, but reading this very forum (especially Isatrader's posts. of course...) it seems that we should operate with daily charts too. I've been following Elder's Triple Screen for years, but eventually I've found more suitable for me to avoid all the "noise" of daily charts and switch on the weekly (50 periods), with a small window for a yearly chart (10 periods).
Can you tell me anything about this "trade-off"? What do you think?!
Well.. actually I have a second question, just for Isatrader: in the very first page of this thread you mentioned the Weinstein stages, but divided in more sub-stages. Now, I know that the author referred to stage 2A as the initial breakout and 2B as the first pullback (or following consolidations), but what about e.g. 3A or 4B? Do they come from the author or do they come from you experience (appreciable, indeed)?
Thanks very much!
K.
Kund3ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:32pm   #1140

1 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
Hi everyone!

Primarily, congratulations for this forum.

I am a follower of S. Weinstein Method.

Only some questions, especially for Isatrader:

1.- How can I make a screener following the Weinstein's criteria on FINVIZ.COM or another web?

2.- I use Ninjatrader. Is there an indicator for this software to define the diferent stages according to Mr. Weinstein?

Sincerely,
Twala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:40am   #1141

2 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
ESPR in early Stage 2

Click the image to open in full size.
Kund3ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:17pm   #1142

1 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
Here you can find stocks matching the stan weinstein system:

Mansfield Relative Strength > 0; Price > SMA30; SMA30 is upwards
or
Mansfield Relative Strength < 0; Price < SMA30; SMA30 is downwards

World market index: http://indexcfd.com/

U.S. Sectors: http://indexcfd.com/us-sector/
U.S. Dow 30: http://indexcfd.com/us-dow30/
U.S. Nasdaq 100: http://indexcfd.com/us-nasdaq100/
U.S. S&P 500: http://indexcfd.com/us-sp500/

Also France, Spain and other countries...
f.gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2017, 4:33pm   #1143

Joined Oct 2010
Major US Stock Indexes Update - NYSE, Nasdaq, S&P 500 & DJIA

isatrader started this thread Sorry I haven't been on here for a while. The scope of the method was too much for an individual thread anymore so I created a separate website for it a few years back here: https://stageanalysis.net/forum/index.php so that people can learn the method and discuss it in more detail, and there are now thousands of posts and marked up charts etc.

So all the recent questions have already previously been asked and answered on the website if you still need help.

Back to the task at hand. Here's the overview charts of the US Bullish Percent and Moving Average Breadth.

NOTE: the breadth continues to gradually weaken overall, although still in the bullish ranges. So nothing serious to note yet from the charts, but the S&P 500, Dow 30 and NYSE markets haven't followed the Nasdaq Composite to fresh continuations. So it is giving me some pause about the market health.

So taking into account the market breadth positions, I'm going to change my Stage rating for the US market to Stage 2B.
Attached Thumbnails
nya_w_12-5-17.png   compq_w_12-5-17.png   spx_w_12-5-17.png  

indu_w_12-5-17.png  

Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla