I just bought this stock! Help with this chart's resistance.

This is a discussion on I just bought this stock! Help with this chart's resistance. within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; I bought some ENTR recently. Guys, my question is this: Which of these resistances (picture attch) would you say are ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 26, 2011, 8:20am   #1
Joined May 2011
I just bought this stock! Help with this chart's resistance.

I bought some ENTR recently.
Guys, my question is this: Which of these resistances (picture attch) would you say are areas that the stock will have trouble going above that price.

There are 5 resistances: $9 $9.5 $10 $12 $14
and 1 upward trenline that was broken but could turn into resistance
My MAIN concern is some of the resistances were valid at one point but not anymore (ie. $10)

Please keep it simple if you can.
For example. I wouldn't consider $9.5 or I would strongly consider $10 and $12.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
screenhunter_03-jun.-26-00.08.gif   screenhunter_03-jun.-26-00.08-jpg.jpg  

Last edited by jamesj188; Jun 26, 2011 at 8:30am.
jamesj188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2011, 4:24pm   #2
Joined Sep 2008
Re: I just bought this stock! Help with this chart's resistance.

The 9.00 & 10.00 lines are weak.

Just my opinion on what COULD happen:
Scenario 1 - Price fails at the 9.50 level. This stock would then be in a consolidation period. Wait for price to either break out over 9.50 or under 7.50

Scenario 2 - Price breaks over 9.50, 1st target would be where the upward trendline meets the 12.00 resistance line. (2 resistance areas converging)
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2011, 4:58pm   #3

Joined Aug 2008

Hi mate,

I can't actually get this chart on my software because it's an American stock. Attach a blank chart and I will show you where I would draw the lines.

Sam.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 5:16pm   #4
Joined Sep 2008

Here ya go. Show us your lines
Attached Thumbnails
entr.jpg  
Old Jun 26, 2011, 5:32pm   #5
Joined Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesj188 View Post
I bought some ENTR recently.
Guys, my question is this: Which of these resistances (picture attch) would you say are areas that the stock will have trouble going above that price.

There are 5 resistances: $9 $9.5 $10 $12 $14
and 1 upward trenline that was broken but could turn into resistance
My MAIN concern is some of the resistances were valid at one point but not anymore (ie. $10)

Please keep it simple if you can.
For example. I wouldn't consider $9.5 or I would strongly consider $10 and $12.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,...new to this site but have been trading for a while now.

Nice find on the chart. TA starting to look promising. However, I think this one needs a bit more time to "ferment". When I see stocks like this I usually enter here and realize I am slightly too early. I think what will happen is that around $9 you will see resistance with back test down to around 8.06-8.23 level and then there will be more of a bounce through $9 there and then up to $9.5 resistance as well. Both are likely only short term if the stock is starting new up trend.

You may ask,...how can I be so specific? Well when I see this kind of chart I look at MACD weekly and daily. A new trend starts (in my opinion) when the daily MACD starts to go above 0 line, and especially when weekly start to go above 0 line. (currently both are below!!) This is especially true if they occur almost simultaneously on the 2 different time frames. This seems like it is about to happen. However when the weekly MACD has just started to curl up from below the 0 line there is VERY OFTEN a level of resistance right as the daily MACD breaks through 0 line and the market tests the guts of those that got in early. There is usually a backtest to the EMA 20 day before breaking through that weak resistance ($9 here) and during this time the weekly MACD shows more bullish divergence.

Point is I think you are a hair early in your trade (by 1-3 weeks) and will need to leave your stop alone and NOT move it up when it meets resistance at around $9 unless you want to take a quick small gain at that level and buy back in at around 8.06 to 8.23 level. I have layed out the next 2-3 weeks on this stock and am curious to see if I am correct. I will watch with you. GL on trade.
eegozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2011, 5:50pm   #6
Joined Jun 2011

Here,...I have attached a chart showing what I think will happen.
Attached Thumbnails
entr.bmp  
eegozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2011, 6:04pm   #7
Joined Sep 2008

Good explanation. Nice way of looking at it.

Peter