Elliott Wave

This is a discussion on Elliott Wave within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Hi all, Just been introduced to the world of Elliott Wave so here I am with a few questions: 1) ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 25, 2004, 1:14am   #1

Joined Oct 2004
Elliott Wave

Hi all,

Just been introduced to the world of Elliott Wave so here I am with a few questions:

1) Does anyone use this as their MAIN trading method?
2) Does anyone use this with success?
3) Does anyone think it's absolute B0llocks?
4) Where can I learn more?

Feel free to PM me.

Thanks in advance

Effkay
Effkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2004, 4:50am   #2

Joined Mar 2003
Advanced GET

Check out our forums for other users of Elliott Wave, a feature of the Advanced GET product here:

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/foru...?s=&forumid=61

Chuck
@eSignal
Chuck_T is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2004, 1:49am   #3
Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_T
Check out our forums for other users of Elliott Wave, a feature of the Advanced GET product here:

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/foru...?s=&forumid=61

Chuck
@eSignal
IMO, the best EW resource is Dynamic Trading by Miner. However, I do not think that EW (or anything else) should be used as a stand-alone technique or signal.
culion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2004, 8:24am   #4

Joined Aug 2003

He provides a great daily analysis of the DOW and COMPX based on Elliott Wave Analysis ( EWA) and it is absolutely free.

Write to him at CEMCEMCEM@aol.com and ask him ( nicely ) to add you to his mailing list.
Salty Gibbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 7:13pm   #5

Joined Jan 2005
Elliott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effkay
Hi all,

Just been introduced to the world of Elliott Wave so here I am with a few questions:

1) Does anyone use this as their MAIN trading method?
2) Does anyone use this with success?
3) Does anyone think it's absolute B0llocks?
4) Where can I learn more?

Feel free to PM me.

Thanks in advance

Effkay
I have studied Elliott Wave extensively and am thoroughly convinced, after much trial and especially error, that its basic premise of an underlying and irrefutable order has no validity. The market will however display beautiful waves from time to time, compatible with Elliottīs patterns, but usually it is too late to trade them once they are fully visible.

The real truth Iīve taken from my Elliott studies is that the market is always "searching" for a fair price (equilibrium) it can not know, and therefore moves in waves, which create the profit opportunities for us traders. Being a wave theory, Elliott certainly feels logical, but the standard model (and all other versions of it, including Neely) is just way too deterministic to work.

Having said that, if you want really independent and often fascinating psychological analysis of markets and the economy, do yourself a favor and study Robert Prechter. Even though I disagree with the validity of his favourite market model (Elliott), I find Prechter as honest, refreshing and thoroughly knowledgeable. Plus, the man can write.
halldorpb is offline   Reply With Quote