Prorealtime/Java problems

This is a discussion on Prorealtime/Java problems within the Techies Corner forums, part of the Trading Career category; Hi, I have been using prorealtime for charting and recently they have made some changes. I had to download/upgrade Java ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 25, 2008, 6:56pm   #1
Joined Dec 2004
Prorealtime/Java problems

Hi, I have been using prorealtime for charting and recently they have made some changes. I had to download/upgrade Java but since then it just either crashes my web browser or the charts just freeze up and i have to exit.

I use IE7 and have tried using Mozilla but the same thing happens.

Anyone know how I can fix this? I have tried their help section and their support which hasnt made a difference.
blueclaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2008, 11:23pm   #2
Joined Jan 2006
Have you tried going to Add/Remove programs under Control Panel and remove all Java related stuff (inc. J2SE*)? Then go to java dot com and install the latest one from scratch.

I have been using eod prorealtime lately and I think it rocks. It's a tad expensive for the paid intraday stuff - It's a shame they don't have a cheaper delayed intraday service.
abottoml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2008, 12:37pm   #3

Joined Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueclaret View Post
Hi, I have been using prorealtime for charting and recently they have made some changes. I had to download/upgrade Java but since then it just either crashes my web browser or the charts just freeze up and i have to exit.

I use IE7 and have tried using Mozilla but the same thing happens.

Anyone know how I can fix this? I have tried their help section and their support which hasnt made a difference.
I use these charts through IG and have had similar problems since their "update". The charts on Windows work for a little while then die, especially when switching timeframes. On my linux box they don't load at all. IG have said IT-Finance (the guys who run all this) are aware but no idea on when a fix will be in.

Did you have any more info?
knight_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2008, 7:56pm   #4
Joined Dec 2004
blueclaret started this thread It is working ok now. I downloaded the Mozilla browser and use it on that instead. I had to mess about with the java settings that they suggest you should do on their help page.
blueclaret is offline   Reply With Quote