Lost demo account password

This is a discussion on Lost demo account password within the Techies Corner forums, part of the Trading Career category; Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen if mikes advice doesn't yield results and you haven't messed things up too bad yet, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 20, 2015, 4:04am   #9
Joined Nov 2011
kwonkicker started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen View Post
if mikes advice doesn't yield results and you haven't messed things up too bad yet, then it may be possible to recover indicators, templates, experts etc, and transfer them to a new demo account... and then not lose the password like a fool

what windows you running? if you have say vista it's a doddle to go find your mt4 folders and rescue the files, I know not how easy it is on windows 7?

windows 8 is a bit of a faf but navigation goes something like -

C:\Users\"you"\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal

if you get to the terminal folder, click on each folder in there and see what you have left to save, once you have a new account set up just drop the saved files into your new mt4, example template files go into the new account templates folder.
appreciate the effort. but like it says in the title the only thing i lost is my account password which embodies over a year long hard work and while not real - it has some badass swing trades open where prices has not returned in months. and it is older than my real account where i am far from repeating similar success. It was an oversight that i did not change the master password while i had the chance.
kwonkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2015, 2:43pm   #10

Joined Feb 2012
Ok, one more go...follow the steps that i listed above until you get to the screenshot below. scroll down until you see metatrader, then click on it, then click on "show"...This will show your password !!

P.S. Thats a generic screenshot, dont click on the cross that the arrow points to, that will delete your password, ( the arrow was already on )
Attached Thumbnails
snipping-capture.jpg  

Last edited by mike.; Dec 20, 2015 at 2:48pm.
mike. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2015, 3:29pm   #11
Joined Nov 2011
kwonkicker started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike. View Post
Ok, one more go...follow the steps that i listed above until you get to the screenshot below. scroll down until you see metatrader, then click on it, then click on "show"...This will show your password !!

P.S. Thats a generic screenshot, dont click on the cross that the arrow points to, that will delete your password, ( the arrow was already on )
ok i still dont get why a metatrader password would be sawed in my browser. i checked all of them, nothing mt4 related im afraid. thanks anyhow.
kwonkicker is offline   Reply With Quote